Breakup anxiety. Worse in the mornings?

Hi all yes i'm currently going through a recent breakup.

Just wondering if others in my situation feel the same sort of feelings i'm experiencing. I seem to go to sleep ok & wake up about 3/4am feeling ok. Then as morning approaches it hits me what's going on & it's hard to deal with.

Morning are hard & then through out the day it seems to get a little easier & I repeat the same cycle.

Do others feel the same or does everyone feel different?

• Like 1

I'm the same way except when I go to bed I have light lucid dreams before falling asleep. During the night I have at least one dream/nightmare and I wake up early (7AM-8AM) back in my **** life, still single. Things don't start feeling better until mid-day.

I used to dread nightfall, so I doubt there's much rhyme or reason to it in terms of a 'natural' time you miss your ex most. More likely it's determined by whatever mental conditions are really going on in your brain. e.g. paranoia might manifest more at night (the typical time of 'danger'), while depression might worsen during the day when you have to face the challenges of life and can't hide in bed.

It's worst in the mornings for me too. I would wake up around 4 or 5 am and think about it a little bit then fall asleep. Then when it's time to really get up, that's when its worst. I get extremely sad and start crying. I was trying to figure out why that is. Maybe because I know he's no longer there that I can look forward to talking to during the day, or maybe see later in the day. I don't know. Im having a rough time as well. It's hard going to work already feeling drained.

burnyourlifedown

Same for me! I have been this way ever since the break up, which was over a month ago. Mornings are so hard. Maybe because, when we sleep, we temporarily forget about our problems and then, when we come to our senses, we have to deal with the reality again. Somehow life is a bit harsher and lonelier without this special someone by our side. But I'm just thankful that it sort of gets better throughout the day. I'm not as happy as I was before but I can go through the day without crying all the time. The pain is still there but I sort of have gotten used to it. Hang in there, guys!!

• Author
), while depression might worsen during the day when you have to face the challenges of life and can't hide in bed.

I think that's pretty accurate imo.

It's not unreasonable to have a crutch - like coffee. That tends to make mornings somewhat better. :)

Skinnyminnie

This is the story of my life! Every morning like clockwork I am sad in the morning and it takes a lot to get myself out of bed. I think it's the knowing that today nothing will be different and your ex is still gone that hurts. I'm 3 months post breakup and I'm still sad. Some mornings are better than the others, but those mornings that I'm sad I wake up grieve a little bit and watch tv while I get ready. There is nothing we can do unless we decide to do something for ourselves. Believe me, I have many days where I'm so negative and think this is never going to end, but at the end of the day I know I'm a good person and the breakup wasn't my fault.

Best wishes for you and anyone going through a breakup. Know that we're all here for each other.

• Like 2

Im feeling it now. Just woke up and feel really low. My first instinct was to open LS. (NC for 3 months now)

I have no solutions and no fix on what to do exactly. There are days if i wake up around 2-3am, i just get up and start to walk. Other days, like today, i open LS and feel marginally good.

BlackbirdSong

I kinda feel like I'm a functioning alcoholic when it comes to this breakup. I am able to get out of bed, get through work all day, hit the gym, do all of my activities...ALTHOUGH she is on my mind every second of every day. Then I get home and fall apart. Every day.

Im feeling it now. Just woke up and feel really low. My first instinct was to open LS. (NC for 3 months now)

I have no solutions and no fix on what to do exactly. There are days if i wake up around 2-3am, i just get up and start to walk. Other days, like today, i open LS and feel marginally good.

I like coming to LS to vent and read stories that relate to mine. However, this site makes me cynical and hopeless about love. Although I'm still recovering from my break up some of the stories I read here make me not even want to bother with love/relationships or the possibility of marriage someday.

BlackbirdSong
I like coming to LS to vent and read stories that relate to mine. However, this site makes me cynical and hopeless about love. Although I'm still recovering from my break up some of the stories I read here make me not even want to bother with love/relationships or the possibility of marriage someday.

It's funny that you wrote this because I was just thinking about this the other day. With all the sadness, despair, and terrible stories on here, is LS possibly delaying our healing by adding an additional layer of depression? I know it's a site to vent, learn, and grow, but part of me thinks that some of the negativity and hopelessness may be affecting some of us.

It's funny that you wrote this because I was just thinking about this the other day. With all the sadness, despair, and terrible stories on here, is LS possibly delaying our healing by adding an additional layer of depression? I know it's a site to vent, learn, and grow, but part of me thinks that some of the negativity and hopelessness may be affecting some of us.

Never viewed love so cynically till I started coming here.

Never viewed love so cynically till I started coming here.

I dumped my kind and caring ex of 4 years ago because i didn't love her anymore and i found someone better.

I didn't care about my ex, i just wanted to be happy in life. Nobody should be forced to stay in a relationship where they are miserable.

The term is not 'cynical'. Its more of "self preservation".

I dumped my kind and caring ex of 4 years ago because i didn't love her anymore and i found someone better.

I didn't care about my ex, i just wanted to be happy in life. Nobody should be forced to stay in a relationship where they are miserable.

The term is not 'cynical'. Its more of "self preservation".

What made her better than you ex? You just got bored? You don't regret your decision?

• Author
I kinda feel like I'm a functioning alcoholic when it comes to this breakup. I am able to get out of bed, get through work all day, hit the gym, do all of my activities...ALTHOUGH she is on my mind every second of every day. Then I get home and fall apart. Every day.

How long have you been NC Blackbird?

What made her better than you ex?

she was prettiER, smartER, etc...

"someone is always better than everyone"

ergo; someone out there is better than your ex.

You just got bored?

YES

You don't regret your decision?

never looked back. never regretted. I wanted to be happy and i cant see myself being happy with her anymore.

the more i say it, the more cynical i sound :rolleyes:, but that's reality, and it might just be what your ex is thinking too.

• Author
47 long, agonizing days

Well keep up NC. I'm sure you are past the halfway mark.

At least you're functioning normally. Keep it up & i'm sure you will get back to yourself.

• Like 1