should I contact my ex to apologise?

Ordinaryday

There was a girl I once dated and at the start things were great between us but like heaps of relationships they went off the rails.

I was going through a really bad time back then and said some nasty things to her in the heat of the moment. Im not a nasty person by nature but e but everyone at one time will say something really mean and out of character at a moment they feel hurt. Once you say it even if you didn't mean it you can't unsay it.

And normally you would apologise later but we broke up just after and went straight to 100% nc.

It's not a matter of me feeling guilty just a matter of me knowing that it was out of character and not wanting her thinking I am a horrible person forever.

Is it worth it to send her a short fb email telling her I'm sorry and I said it in the heat of the moment, that I'm not like that? Or is it ultimately pointless?

HeartbrokenNewbie

If u only have the intention of apologising then yea why not but if u are actually hoping to open the lines of communication then u might want to think wether u are setting yourself up for a fall x

• Like 1
  • Author
Ordinaryday
If u only have the intention of apologising then yea why not but if u are actually hoping to open the lines of communication then u might want to think wether u are setting yourself up for a fall x

Well yeah you can tell yourself that you just want to apologise and I honestly believe that but then you wonder, if you sent her that message and she completely ignored it or, worse, sent you a response telling you to eff off cos she never wants to hear from u again, well u have to wonder whether you would regret sending the apology.

• Like 1

Fnck no dude.

I did the same thing - you know what? She already put me in the place of pain and

whatever I told her ultimately was the truth without putting pink glasses. She was

whoring around.

Leave that be. She has absolutely no angle on your life. Who dafaq cares what she

thinks if you and I think you are awsom :D

If my ex hates me know, she will hate me even more once I meet her and do not

acknowledge her. And I don't care about it.

• Like 2
  • Author
Ordinaryday
Fnck no dude.

I did the same thing - you know what? She already put me in the place of pain and

whatever I told her ultimately was the truth without putting pink glasses. She was

whoring around.

Leave that be. She has absolutely no angle on your life. Who dafaq cares what she

thinks if you and I think you are awsom :D

If my ex hates me know, she will hate me even more once I meet her and do not

acknowledge her. And I don't care about it.

Awesome mate! Thing is u hit the nail on the head,.what I said to her was basically true but very meanly worded

It's not like I said untrue things, I just said true things in a nasty way

• Like 1

What for?

At this point it won't do any good.

If you like send your apology up into the universe by thinking it. No need to reach out to her & stir up all the old wounds.

• Like 2
Always Pondering

I don't think it'll do you any justice, to be honest. I think you already realize that too.

I've no doubt said "hurtful" or "wrong" things in the past (as just about everyone has at one point or another) and although I may have felt like apologizing, that feeling soon faded away.

I'm sure she'll realize—if she hasn't already—that you didn't have horrible intentions or anything and that we all mistakes at one point or another. We make mistakes and we learn from them, that's pretty natural and she should understand that. I'm sure she knows it was in the heat of the moment too.

• Like 1

Was getting ready to make a similar post here about reaching out.

I was typing my email this morning and hoping it would give me / her closure. This woman was the love of my life (families spent time together, vacations, talk of a future etc) until some of her issues and insecurities started to push me away.

When I hit my breaking point I shut down, drove to her place while she was at work, packed my **** and left. No phone call, no face to face, no text. Just gone. A real douche bag move. We since exchanged some texts which quickly became heated and reminded me of exactly why I left.

I feel I owe her this but I also know she will never see my point. Like talking to a wall...so mixed up on what to do.

Strength in Healing

You should call her to apologize. Then order multiple bouquets of flowers sent to her house. Then call her again and beg her to see you as the person you "really are".

Then frequently drop by without warning and even hang outside her house for hours at a time staring.