Thank You

Hey folks,

I've been gone for a couple of weeks and I was taking a break from LS. Took a short trip to Ireland. Went and visited Trinity College and I have two "wow" moments in this thread.

I visited Trinity College in Dublin and I took a tour of the libraries. First "WOW" it was massive and I looked at the Book of Kells and it was AMAZING! A book that was written in 800 AD and the colors were so vibrant and alive 1200 years later. Ate really good food and got drunk a lot. Then, I went west out to Ennis and Corfin to visit some cousins of mine. And, of course, they got me drunk a lot. My wife was giving me a hard time telling me my liver was going to fall out. But, the countryside was beautiful and relaxing.

Then, when I got back, I had my second "wow" moment. I took a break from LS because I was getting burnt out and a poster was giving me a hard time about me and my advice. I just thought it would be best if I just faded away because I didn't need the aggravation. But, when I got back, I logged into LS for S&G's I got my second "wow" moment. I had messages in my inbox from people still looking for advice and looking to see where I went. Then, it hit me. I don't need some poster that been here maybe a month to drive me away when it's obvious that people want to get advice. That it would selfish of me to walk away from someone that's hurting and needs help and thinks that I can inspire them to heal.

So, thank you for helping to open my eyes to what's really important. I'm not going to change who I am and I'm not going to apologize for what I do.

So, thanks. You guys are the best.

• Like 14

If it wasn't for people like you, this forum would only be filled with people in need of advice, but lacking the people with the experience and wisdom to give it.

Thank you for looking out for others in this world.

• Like 3
GorillaTheater

Chi, you're one of the best here. Your advice uniformly rocks, and you're a hell of an asset here. Glad you're back.

• Like 4

Yeah, I'm glad you're back too! I agree with everyone else, your advice is always very helpful. As for the poster who disagrees? Well, dump 'em and go NC of course! Heh.

• Like 2

You definitely shouldn't apologize or change what you do. Your advice has always been spot on. Even though I know that I have a hard time applying the advice, I always feel much more confident after reading it.

• Like 1
Simon Phoenix

You're one of the best man because you aren't afraid to break it down and tell people what they need to know. Keep it up.

• Like 1

Welcome back.

I find what you contribute here to be very insightful and valuable.

Thanks very much for what you give.

• Like 1

Dude, I got my first 'warning' on here when I commented on some OWs thread and she went ballistic over it (and it wasn't even some harsh tirade, it was a simple question :laugh:). Don't let another user drive you off, there's the ignore list after all.

Welcome back! ;)

• Like 1

If it wasn't for you, I'd be face down in a ditch somewhere. Well, not exactly but you get the point. :D

Glad to hear you're back. You give logical and reasonable advice and tell it how it is. Wouldn't have it any other way.

• Author
Yeah, I'm glad you're back too! I agree with everyone else, your advice is always very helpful. As for the poster who disagrees? Well, dump 'em and go NC of course! Heh.

LOL! You're absolutely right! I should start listening to my own advice!

Always be blunt and to a point. I hated also when people told me we will

never reconcile. And know what? We will never reconcile and I wouldn't want

it any other way. And now I know they were right. And I advise the same now.

• Like 1