Update on bad decision to contact ex.

mrmayhem675

Before I go any further I'd like to say yeah I know it's a bad decision etc. Also so know I'm going to get a bunch of replies chewing me out. Well after I contacted my ex about the kids we wound up texting a fair amount for a couple days and she was very nice to me, to nice after cussing her out two months ago. We caught up, joked around a lot and everything was going great she was pretty much flirting with me and we ended on a good note night before last.

I tried to text her last night and tell her about an accident I was involved in at work and my message said not delivered. I figured must just be a technical issue. So I went to bed and I planned on texting her the next morning to wish her good luck because she's starting a new job today. To my surprise my message wouldn't go through again. She blocked my number and blocked me on Facebook. Two nights ago everything is good she's texting me and responding to all my texts we are catching up and joking around etc. then out of the blue for no apparent reason she blocks me on everything. There was no argument no harsh words anything like that.

She's never done this not even when she was with another guy and we were cussing each other out. I'm dumbfounded. I thought this would bother me more but actually I'm fine. I just can't wrap my mind around this behavior though. I don't understand why she'd block me out of the blue after doing a 180 and being overly nice to me. Is this some kind of mind game or is she really just that crazy?

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Paragraphs
Light Breeze

Maybe she found LS and was given the NC advice too. :laugh:

But seriously, she's the only one who would know. We can speculate but in the end you'll have no concrete answer to that and end up more confused.

Anyway, you posting it here means it bothered you more than you realize, imo. So I guess what I'm trying to say is just heal for now and just limit your communication to your kids.

• Like 1
*Two nights ago everything is good she's texting me and responding to all my texts we are catching up and joking around etc. **then out of the blue for no apparent reason she blocks me on everything. There was no argument no harsh words anything like that. She's never done this not even when she was with another guy and we were cussing each other out. I'm dumbfounded. I thought this would bother me more but actually I'm fine. I just can't wrap my mind around this behavior though. I don't understand why she'd block me out of the blue after doing a 180 and being overly nice to me. Is this some kind of mind game or is she really just that crazy?

*No it wasn't. It was just how she felt in the passing moment.

**It wasn't out of the blue, and you know the reason.

• Like 1
  • Author
mrmayhem675

I really don't know why. We were cool then this stuff. Guess it does bother me if I posted here. Just kind of venting I guess.

From a purely female perspective, if I were putting myself in her shoes, the reason, for my part, might have been:

"Oh good grief! I can't be on 'good terms' with him - I can't. Friendliness opens doors, and I don't want that to happen! It's over - bt I bet he got the wrong impression! What if he thought he could come back? What if he thought my being friendly and receptive, ment there was a chance of getting back together? What if he thinks I still love him? God, I went too far in the 'happy to chat' thing! I know - I'll block him off, stop him talking to me, and cut contact. That will show him I'm closing the door, shutting down the barriers and stepping back. I don't want him back, and I don't want him reading anything into it, so I'll prevent any contact!"

I'm not saying this is EXACTLY what she's thinking, but I bet there's more than a grain of truth in it.

• Like 2
Also so know I'm going to get a bunch of replies chewing me out.

*Chews you out*

Perhaps she told someone about your communication and they advised her to go NC so as not to prolong hurt or delay recovery.

• Like 1
  • Author
mrmayhem675

They been broke up that only lasted a couple weeks and I cussed her out while they were together and she Didn't block me then.

They been broke up that only lasted a couple weeks and I cussed her out while they were together and she Didn't block me then.

New guy? She's a branch swinger.

Kind-of foolish of her to block you from communicating with her given you share children together. She probably did it as an emotional reaction to communicating with you, which is hard even for the dumpers. Sometimes people try to create artificial barriers to communication in hopes that emotions will follow suit. In time, they do...but she is going to have to communicate with you sooner than that because of your kids.

So sorry; I know how much being cut off in ANY way can hurt :(

• Author
mrmayhem675

It's okay. I'll just talk to other girls I'm sick of back and forth, games, and illogical craziness.

• Like 1
It's okay. I'll just talk to other girls I'm sick of back and forth, games, and illogical craziness.

I'm still not sure why you continue to be confused by her behavior. She's been all over the place since day one. This is who she is. Crazy making. And yet you still choose to stay in touch with her, and then when she acts erratically, you're perplexed.

The woman went from 0-60 in just a few months and then it all crashed and burned -- she went up and down, push and pull, hot and cold, etc.

Go back and read your first thread. Start grasping your reality. She's not going to be the person you want her to be. This is who she is. Until you accept that, you're going to be caught in this never ending cycle. She's done you a huge favor. It's time to remove her and move on.

Edited by Zahara
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author
mrmayhem675

First of all I'm doing this update out of boredom. I'm not going to lie and say I feel great but I feel a lot better than I used to. Sorry if I repeat something from my last post it's been a while. I hadn't heard anything from my ex who blocked me out of nowhere, until about a week ago I was in the front yard with a couple buddies working in a car and she rode by real slow. I thought that was sort of strange because it's not really her regular route and kind of out of her way. Even then I just kind of shrugged it off and gave her the benefit of the doubt it could be a coincidence I reckon. Then two days later I got a friend request from one of her best friends that I've never been friends with on Facebook so I forgot to block her when I blocked everybody. I have all my stuff sat to private so only my friends can see it. She never sent me a friend request before while I was with my ex so I automatically assumed her and my ex were just trying to snoop my Facebook so I didn't accept it. She left the request up pending until later the next day and cancelled it because it disappeared. I messaged the friend and told her I wasn't going to accept it because I don't want my ex seeing my Facebook. She took offense and was all smart alecky and claimed her sending the request was pure accident, which is just a lie. I responded and said I wasn't trying to be mean and I have no beef with anybody, just simply said I tried to stay in touch but since she wants to act the way she does I don't want her knowing anything about my life. I don't check my exs social media because I know it'll just hurt me. I do know a couple things people have told me because its a small town, and a few things she told me when we texted about a month ago. She's quit her job with no two weeks notice because she was training at a new job. She told me she quit drinking but drinks a couple wine coolers Everynow and then to calm her nerves. As for me I'm doing a lot better, I may be talking to this new girl soon who I'm pretty sure likes me according to a friend who I met her through. My ex is still single after that short stint with that other guy. So life goes on.

• Author
mrmayhem675

Another update, I was feeling pretty good but I checked to see if she still had me blocked on Facebook last night. She did, then I had to go pull a buddy out if the ditch in the middle of the night and I'm almost certain a saw her car parked on the side of the road with the lights on near Somebodies driveway. I checked to see if I was still blocked this morning and I'm not. So she unblocked me last night. Weird coincidence because it's been a month and the one day I do check she unblocks me. At first my mind starting wandering why unblock me etc? But I told myself I'll never know and try not to think about it.

• Author
mrmayhem675

She unblocked me yesterday after having me blocked for a month for god knows what reason, and yeah I know I shouldn't have checked. But yeah I was doing good I hadn't checked in a month.

Simon Phoenix
She unblocked me yesterday after having me blocked for a month for god knows what reason, and yeah I know I shouldn't have checked. But yeah I was doing good I hadn't checked in a month.

Well, stop checking and stop analyzing. It's up to her to make an action that is so obvious that you don't have to analyze it. Until then, keep moving forward and stop looking backward.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
mrmayhem675

I was talking to another girl a couple months ago who isn't my ex. She wanted to date me but I told her I didn't want to. I admitted to her that I didn't want to because I wasn't over my ex or her kids, not to mention this girl also had kids do I wasn't going down that road again. We kind of quit talking except for Everynow and then she'd text or call me and sometimes I'd answer sometimes I wouldn't. Well come to find out this girl is even crazier than my ex girlfriend. She texted me two nights ago and asked if I would pretend to date her to try and make her child's father jealous and she thought I wanted to make my ex jealous. I told her no and that it was a horrible, stupid, childish idea. Well a couple hours later I was laying in bed and I got another text from that girl and she told me she just messaged my ex on Facebook and told her I missed her and her kids and would like to talk. I was just astonished and so mad. Why would this girl do something like that and delve into my business? I blew up at her and was like what the hell were you thinking etc. The girl got mad at me and told me she was going to message my ex again and tell her I hated her. I decided that the best way to handle the situation was to message my ex on Facebook and tell her that I had nothing to do with the girl messaging her and not to believe anything she tells her and that she should block her. I then blocked the girls number and Facebook. This happened at like 1:30 in the morning and after I handled it I went to sleep. My ex messaged me back at 3:50 in the morning and it was just a screencap of what the girl had sent her. I replied to my ex and reiterated that the girl is crazy and not to listen to her and to block her. I also asked my ex if she'd sent her anything else like something about me hating her but my ex didn't respond. I'm just venting because I'm completely disgusted with the situation. I didn't want some girl messaging my ex and telling her that I missed her after she left me. If I wanted to do that I'd have done it myself. My ex probably doesn't believe me and thinks I told her to tell her that etc. I also don't want my ex thinking I hate her because that's not true either.

I was talking to another girl a couple months ago who isn't my ex. She wanted to date me but I told her I didn't want to. I admitted to her that I didn't want to because I wasn't over my ex or her kids, not to mention this girl also had kids do I wasn't going down that road again. We kind of quit talking except for Everynow and then she'd text or call me and sometimes I'd answer sometimes I wouldn't. Well come to find out this girl is even crazier than my ex girlfriend. She texted me two nights ago and asked if I would pretend to date her to try and make her child's father jealous and she thought I wanted to make my ex jealous. I told her no and that it was a horrible, stupid, childish idea. Well a couple hours later I was laying in bed and I got another text from that girl and she told me she just messaged my ex on Facebook and told her I missed her and her kids and would like to talk. I was just astonished and so mad. Why would this girl do something like that and delve into my business? I blew up at her and was like what the hell were you thinking etc. The girl got mad at me and told me she was going to message my ex again and tell her I hated her. I decided that the best way to handle the situation was to message my ex on Facebook and tell her that I had nothing to do with the girl messaging her and not to believe anything she tells her and that she should block her. I then blocked the girls number and Facebook. This happened at like 1:30 in the morning and after I handled it I went to sleep. My ex messaged me back at 3:50 in the morning and it was just a screencap of what the girl had sent her. I replied to my ex and reiterated that the girl is crazy and not to listen to her and to block her. I also asked my ex if she'd sent her anything else like something about me hating her but my ex didn't respond. I'm just venting because I'm completely disgusted with the situation. I didn't want some girl messaging my ex and telling her that I missed her after she left me. If I wanted to do that I'd have done it myself. My ex probably doesn't believe me and thinks I told her to tell her that etc. I also don't want my ex thinking I hate her because that's not true either.

The best thing to do is always silence. Whenever they say or do something they expect a reaction. But when you don't give it to them, they don't know what to do. It helps you with your NC, It pisses them off, it makes you not say stupid stuff to your ex or create drama. Simple and easy :)

kismetkismet

My guess is that the contact you were having was giving her mixed feelings and she wasn't sure she had the willpower to end the talking. I recently started talking to my ex again (I was the one to leave him and we are on very good terms) and things were going really great for a while, we were joking and chatting and such, and i actually thought i was feeling better about the breakup. But he started messaging me too much and too often, I realized that the reason I was feeling better was because i was partly in denial about the breakup, and was feeling closer to him again.

The difference is that I told him that's what was going on and asked him to stop messaging me. He agreed with me that in the long run it was probably just messing with our heads and we haven't spoken since (a week ago). It kills me and I really wish I could keep talking to him, I just know that we'll never move on that way.

Do you want to get her back? Either way i think ceasing contact is necessary, it's much too soon to be friends.

• Author
mrmayhem675

I don't understand why it kills you to not talk to him but you don't want to be with him and move on?