Hi people.so this is my situation.about 5 months ago me and the mother of my 2 year old daughter went to my best friends wedding.we had a great night and the drinks were flowing.anyway,a couple of weeks later i get a call from someone i know saying i shouldnt trust my girlfriend and check up on her so i did.i checked her messages are there they were,flirty text to a very good friend of mine.i confronted her straight away and she then told me that she kissed my friend at the wedding,bear in mind that i was in the same building at the time.she said that they were both drunk and it was a stupid mistake but couldnt explain why they were texting when sober.they even texted on our daughters birthday party.anyway i ended up drinking a bottle of whiskey and left her.then a couple of weeks later she called to say th at she couldnt cope with our daughter on her own so the mug that i am moved back home for my little girls sake.i know that she is disgusted with herself and so sorry for what she did but i just cant fully forgive her but the thought of not being in the same house as my daughter tears me apart.im 30 and she is 27 years old.im so confused about what to do so please help me out

ExpatInItaly
Hi people.so this is my situation.about 5 months ago me and the mother of my 2 year old daughter went to my best friends wedding.we had a great night and the drinks were flowing.anyway,a couple of weeks later i get a call from someone i know saying i shouldnt trust my girlfriend and check up on her so i did.i checked her messages are there they were,flirty text to a very good friend of mine.i confronted her straight away and she then told me that she kissed my friend at the wedding,bear in mind that i was in the same building at the time.she said that they were both drunk and it was a stupid mistake but couldnt explain why they were texting when sober.they even texted on our daughters birthday party.anyway i ended up drinking a bottle of whiskey and left her.then a couple of weeks later she called to say th at she couldnt cope with our daughter on her own so the mug that i am moved back home for my little girls sake.i know that she is disgusted with herself and so sorry for what she did but i just cant fully forgive her but the thought of not being in the same house as my daughter tears me apart.im 30 and she is 27 years old.im so confused about what to do so please help me out

It's because they're into each other. And I would wager this attraction didn't suddenly spring up in the kiss at the wedding either. If you hadn't received the warning tip, it would likely still be going on right under your nose.

Sadly, you know now a different side of your girlfriend. The dishonest, untrustworthy side. I understand this isn't so simple as just making a clean break as you have a child together, but plenty of parents do manage to raise their children even though they're no longer together.

If it happened once and she seemed truly remorseful, I might be willing to work to try to move past it. The fact that they continued their flirting is a serious red flag. She didn't end it because she felt it was wrong, but because you caught her.

• Like 1

Are they still in contact?

If so, that obviously needs to stop immediately if there's any chance you're going to forgive her and salvage this relationship.

Is that what you want?

I'd recommend some counseling to help you both through this if you want to move forward with your relationship.

If it's truly over then you need to move out.

Many of us manage to raise kids on our own, without a live-in partner, there's no reason why she can't either.

She may require some tough love in that case.