Been a while since I posted here

towardthefuture

Having a bad day. On Monday I was feeling enormous hope because I had a job interview (3rd interview) and I was feeling like my long (almost 3 years) unemployment was finally going to be over. Then I found out on Tuesday that I didn't get the job. Initially I felt a lot of energy, went and applied to a bunch more jobs. But now today that energy has turned back into depression. I still managed to apply to a few more jobs today but it all comes back to my ex.

Today I just randomly started crying for the first time in........ several weeks, I don't even know any more. She's gone, she left me because I was unemployed and depressed and here I am, all of this effort, every day, and unemployed and depressed again.

Don't get me wrong I've made great strides since the breakup. Therapy, working out daily, antidepressants. I'm doing a lot better in general. I had this whole list of things I felt like I needed to improve on after the breakup and I was able to cross off every single one of them except........ find a job.

I mean, she'll never come back. She cheated on me, stayed until her feelings were completteeeeeely gone, 8 years, I begged / whatever for the first month. But I feel like ultimately she left me because I'm a loser and how am I supposed to get another girl if I suck so much someone who loved me would leave me?

Just not feeling very good today at all.

Edited by towardthefuture

damn bro, i feel your pain. im the same way, have not been getting any steady employment past two years and all of that.

i felt like a loser to, wonder how am i suppose to find another. but you have to remember, when she met you she loved you for who you where, yea maybe you changed but that guy, that person is still there, its just a matter of fine tuning ourselves again and regaining the confidence. i was heavily depressed and still am sometimes but as we all know it gets better expect for those one of days.

recently when i get like that i just try to think of all i have in life to be grateful for, it doesn't have to be much, even the simple ability to see another day is more than enough to be happy for. keep pushing bro, it will get better for all of us.

they were not our first and they damn sure wouldn't be our last. but they were special and thats what makes it hard but can also make it easier. love hurts but its better to have than to never experienced

• Like 1

Your luck WILL change because you continue to hope, think positive, work at it and that always, always pays off...in time.

If you haven't done so already...apply with some temp agencies...usually after 90 days if not sooner it turns into full time employment.

Do NOT put yourself down or put that negative energy out there.

Its ok, SO many great people are unemployed and frankly...screw any partner who would leave you when times are tough...thats superficial and she doesn't deserve you.

Keep putting your heart and soul into your job search. Let all your friends and family know your looking...be humble, and if you do go to temp agency you can still be job searching while doing that but they usually place you in a company and the company if they like your work ethic will hire you.

Forget that girl, shes beneath you...even if you feel like a loser you arent!! Its a tough spot but look how far you came so far! You got this....dont ever give up...its around the corner...believe in yourself its coming!!

• Like 2