how to let go of your first love who broke you?

I've been distracting myself. I've cut contact with him. He still contacts me at least once a week but I have been ignoring and keeping NC strong. Although i've been having a hard time keeping him blocked. I've been going back and forth for some time, and while I know I will not answer.. theres a side that just wants to see if there's anything worth hearing from him. AKA i'm still not over him. I know not blocking is in some forms breaking NC since i'm just waiting-for-him-to-respond-just-to-ignore, but i debate about it everyday... I've definitely been better but I feel as if he still consumes my mind throughout the day. I found out he was lying/seeing another girl thats out of state atm and won't be back til next month and told his friends he wants to pursue a relationship w/ her while telling me he was not ready for one. With that said, I refuse to hang out with him while she is still out of state cz i will not be used for his ego boost/company. While I have my head on straight in some areas.. I still can't let go.

Its interesting because I know that if i were to see him some time soon, I would be very bitter because he wants to casually hang out with me while he f*ked me over. I told him everything I know and he does not admit or deny, just avoids the topic itself aka i'm dealing with an immature boy. I've told him to leave me alone so I can move on, but there's a part of me that just can't let him go. I've never felt what I felt with him before- he was my first "serious" relationship and i was just so happy during the time. It was almost like it was too good to be true, and i guess it was.

It seems easier for him because he has the other girl, and old flings he still hangs around since I do not answer him. But for me, I have not been able to find someone else. I'm not the type to just use someone b/c of their company cz i'm wasting his and my time. So while its great for me to distract myself with other things and friends (which i have been) I still come back to the same slump and weak moments where I just don't know what to do. I've never experienced a "break up" quite like this since i've never had a bf before so this is all very new to me and very hard.

*** and by NO means do i believe that i NEED him or that a boy is what will complete my life. I was perfectly fine without him, and I know I can find someone better (mentally) but he's still in my heart and that's whats making this so hard. Advice on anyone that's been in my position?

• Like 1
  • Author
Have you point blank told him to stop contacting you? If not, do so.

i told him to not contact me unless he had something to say to me and that we can't be friends since i need time to move on

i told him to not contact me unless he had something to say to me and that we can't be friends since i need time to move on

Let me help with that:

There you go. That's what to tell him.
  • Like 2

That's your problem. Can you believe all this snow? is something to say. So is, how do think syz baseball team is doing in Spring Training?

You need to tell him to stop contacting you period.

I agree with all the above -- for yourself, for your healing, it's time to cut contact.

There's a great NC Guide posted on this site. Here's another really good guide to help you recover from the breakup: http://www.breakuprecoveryguide.com

This guy might have been your first big love.... but he's by no means your last.

Good for you for not agreeing to be "friends" -- and for not seeking out rebounds to numb the pain!

It's going to take you some time, but you WILL start to feel better if you keep him out of your life -- online and off, remove any way you can check up on him or any way he can contact you. You need time to heal without heaping fresh new pain (contact) on top of your wounds. Even if you *ignore* his contact.... that's still contact and it still sets you back. He shouldn't be able to reach your phone or your email or your Facebook or any other app you use.

Let the other people in your life be there to support you now.... not him. He's only going to be a source of pain for you now, not comfort.

Check out the guides -- and keep posting!