ever text you're ex by accident?

As the title state's, has anyone ever text their ex by accident?

Last night I was chatting to a friend via WhatsApp and it was a genuine mistake, but I accidentally text one of my messages to my ex girlfriend.

The only trouble is, it was kind of a flirty message.

I instantly realised what I'd done and apologised to her, and told her it was a mistake.

This morning I found that she had actually blocked me.

It doesn't bother me really, I actually laughed about it to myself.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced the same thing?

unforgotten

How could I do that when I have her blocked everywhere plus I have erased her phone number?!

See my point? ;)

• Like 2
  • Author

No, it really was a genuine mistake.

I have a female friend, we've been friends for a while now, we talk to eachother quite a lot and last night we were being quite flirty with eachother, but I stupidly without realising, text my ex quite a flirty message.

I apologised to her and explained it was meant for her, and this morning I noticed she blocked me.

I had to laugh because I thought 'of all the people in the world I could accidently text to, it had to be her' lol

runredlights

haha I almost did that too. My car wouldn't start one day and I was trying to call my mom, but I accidentally started calling my ex. Fortunately, I caught it before I heard the dial tone. I was not really paying attention at the time because I was in a small snowdrift. My subconscious must have reverted to the most reliable female in my life at the time. I was like oh **** and hung up real quick.

LOL!

Never happened to me, but I suspect my ex exidently sent me a text few days ago. It was a screenshot of a dog for adoption... It was actually the type of dog I always wanted and he knew that, and I replied that its such a cute dog, so he wouldn't be so emberessed, but he didn't answer back... Guess that didn't help.... Haha

runredlights
If you delete their contact info, this won't happen.

You are right in a way with that I must say. The thing is, my friends were telling me that I should delete my ex's number out of my phone so I wouldn't call her, but I still had her number memorized... Even If I blocked it, I could have either unblocked it or called it from another phone. My point is that if I really wanted to contact her I could have.

With my snowdrift situation I don't think any of that really applies. I have been blackout drunk before and never called her. When I'm all of a sudden stuck in my car balls deep in snow it was just a knee jerk reaction to call my mom, but in the midsts of my panic I selected the second best female to call for advice at the time.

I once contacted a girl I was dating for a short time by accident. Needless to say she never contacted me again. The text was meant for one of my boys so it wasn't exactly a nice text.

organizedchaos
You are right in a way with that I must say. The thing is, my friends were telling me that I should delete my ex's number out of my phone so I wouldn't call her, but I still had her number memorized... Even If I blocked it, I could have either unblocked it or called it from another phone. My point is that if I really wanted to contact her I could have.

With my snowdrift situation I don't think any of that really applies. I have been blackout drunk before and never called her. When I'm all of a sudden stuck in my car balls deep in snow it was just a knee jerk reaction to call my mom, but in the midsts of my panic I selected the second best female to call for advice at the time.

Yes but that's not really the point Of this thread. He said he accidentally texted her. If her number isn't in your contact list this can't happen.

If you type in her number from memory, that is not an accidental text to your ex.

I have a couple of times. I have several gents with the same first name so when sending a text in a hurry he got a couple work related text. I figured it out when intended recipient didn't respond or show up at a meeting. No reason to reach out as I am sure he figured out the deal as it happened when we were together as well.