Ex Issues

MindOverMetta

Hello good people, hope you are all doing well and taking it easy.

I don't know how to describe the way I feel, anything might be an understatement I'm afraid.

4 year beautiful relationship has permanently vanished into thin air, at least I thought it was beautiful. She's now 23 and I'm 28 years old.

1 year into the relationship and after noticing a series of changes I out-of-the-blue receive a call from her asking me if it is OK to let her go back to her ex, can you imagine this kind of "politeness"?? Well, I said yes, why not work it out. I was really devastated but kept calm during the call. An hour later she calls back crying saying that she cannot do this to me as I have done nothing but treat her best possible way I could. So it was sorted out and we moved on.

Another year went by and I noticed she liked a pic of her ex on Facebook. My blood was probably 100 degrees boiling with fury. Left office early and went straight to the apartment lashed out at her. Problem solved we moved on.

After 3 years I caught her talking to her ex and it happened several times for 6 months and I kept on forgiving and believing in her but it didn't stop and I broke up with her. She obviously moved on with her ex a few days later, you guessed it right! I immediately stopped contact 4 months silence. She initiated contact and I was a fool and believed a second chance will do. Four months later she dumps me and obviously I think she went back to her ex again I can bet my life on it now I'm 3 days into NC:-(.

You did the right thing, and better, you handled it with dignity. Keep up the NC! we hit bumps sometimes but its part of moving on. We keep stumbling down but we do a little better each time.

Its obvious you've just become her backup plan in case it doesn't work out with her ex. You dont deserve that. Keep that in mind and you'll go through NC much easier.

• Like 1