whats worse for the ex? being ignored or blocked

i was in an exclusive relationship and i found out he was playing me and seeing another girl and was lying and being dishonest with me. I therefore left him- i told him to leave me alone and have unfriended him from all aspects of social media. I know everything he's been saying about me post break-up and saying he wants nothing to do with me and doesn't want to hang out- I told him everything I know and he doesn't own up or admit to it. Just kind of avoids it. He continues to ask to hang out, while this other girl is still in the picture. I have told him to leave me alone and that i'm trying to move on- he does not respect my wishes and still casually texts to hang out weekly. He hits me up every weekend at least one time. He started to say "really you're ignoring me" and what not. He called me over the weekend and i have not responded. Whats the better scenario to give him? I want him to live with the decision he made, and unless he's asking for reconciliation i won't be answering him. So block his number? or ignore him with him knowing he's being ignored.

It makes no difference, how would he know whether he's being blocked or ignored and who really cares what the hell he thinks...the point is what's better for you.

For me its always best to block someone.

• Like 3
SincereOnlineGuy
whats worse for the ex? being ignored or blocked

Being ignored, obviously...

(*** and, his subsequent actions will let you know as much )

• Author
It makes no difference, how would he know whether he's being blocked or ignored and who really cares what the hell he thinks...the point is what's better for you.

For me its always best to block someone.

i have my read receipts on for my iPhone, so he knows if i read them

It doesn't matter whether you block or ignore him. You are missing the point of NC which is to heal yourself and move on. Whichever form that takes whether by blocking or ignoring makes no difference. NC is not about getting back at your ex or trying to get your ex back. Once you grasp that concept this kind of question won't cross your mind. I would personally block so that you don't have any temptation in weak moments.

• Like 4
i was in an exclusive relationship and i found out he was playing me and seeing another girl and was lying and being dishonest with me. I therefore left him- i told him to leave me alone and have unfriended him from all aspects of social media. I know everything he's been saying about me post break-up and saying he wants nothing to do with me and doesn't want to hang out- I told him everything I know and he doesn't own up or admit to it. Just kind of avoids it. He continues to ask to hang out, while this other girl is still in the picture. I have told him to leave me alone and that i'm trying to move on- he does not respect my wishes and still casually texts to hang out weekly. He hits me up every weekend at least one time. He started to say "really you're ignoring me" and what not. He called me over the weekend and i have not responded. Whats the better scenario to give him? I want him to live with the decision he made, and unless he's asking for reconciliation i won't be answering him. So block his number? or ignore him with him knowing he's being ignored.

The best way to make him live with the decision he's made is to continue NC until you are indifferent to him. Once indifference sets in you've won the battle and won't care less what he's up to

• Like 1

He's pestering you, so you have to block him.

If there was substantial NC in between when they pop out,

Then ignoring is a better approach.

i have my read receipts on for my iPhone, so he knows if i read them

So turn them off and ignore him. How would he know the difference. Again who cares what he thinks. Its not about him.

ApexTitanium

ignoring usually bugs them a lot more than being blocked. The only problem is that it doesn't help you move on seeing calls and texts from them. I guess it depends on you...are you trying to remove them from your life and move on? Then block them.

Are you trying to teach them a lesson and make them wonder why you aren't answering, and can cope with seeing their texts and calls show up? Then just ignore.

Depends on your intentions I guess.

I have news for you. He doesn't care one way or the other. You should start focusing on how you feel, rather than how he might feel.