He needs time to get over his ex

Hey. I methe a guy on a 22h cruise in December. I wasn't looking for anything. He neither, because he had a girlfriend. He is 26, I am 21 and his girlfriend is way older than him - 46. But thy had a very very good relationship.

At first we got talking and I didn't hit on him since I knew he had a gf. We talked all night. And finally kissed. And we kissed much more during the next day.

After that we talked on the phone. At first he told me to move on. He said he was very much into me, but at the same time he was unhappy that he had cheated on his gf. He said he had never cheated on anybody before. And I believe him.

We tried to go NC but he broke it. After a while we met on a coffee shop. We have this unbelievable chemistry that I have never felt before.

He said that he had decided to tell everything to his gf and leave her. One reason being that though they had an amazing relationship, they had to break up sometime since he was sure he wanted to have a family in the future, but it wasn't possible with her.

We met once more before I went to a hitch hiking trip to Spain. He went to another country too, he works in Norway - 2-3 weeks working and then 2-3 weeks free.

He also told me that if he leaves her, he wants to be alone for a little while.

Well, he finally did it a week ago. His gf had taken it very well, had been understanding. And when he told her about me, she had said she kinda thought so (since he had said my name in sleep one night).

We met on Monday and when he saw me, he kissed me very passionately. We sat in a coffee shop for hours and went to see a movie. He said that now he was only mine.

I was stupid to think it was so easy for him. On Tuesday we spent a night together. I asked him if he wanted to be alone, he said no and that he was my boyfriend now. I couldn't be happier.

On Thursday he said to me that he needed time to mourn his relationship with his ex. I was fine with that.

We spent Saturday night together and now yesterday evening he said that he had to be honest with me and that he needs to be alone for some time. Not to sleep around but to fix himself before he could get into any relationship. He also told he had cried couple of times.

He told me he hopes to be with me sometime in the future and will find me when he's ready but for now he wants me to keep my chances open.

I know he really likes me. We talked about future a lot and it wasn't me who started it. The funny thing was that it wasn't scary to talk about the future with him after so short time.

On Friday he told me that he was really close to saying he loved me but he just couldn't before he fixed himself.

Have any of you had the similar experience? Do you think it's possible he will come back to me in some time?

I am not exactly waiting for him but I really doubt I will find anyone as good as him. And as for now, I might be single but I am not available. And that sucks.

I believe there's a name for people like him -- "future fakers" I think it is.

These are people that pull you in by selling you on this fantasy future relationship.... that never happens. This is their bait to hook you and reel you in.

But even putting that aside:

YOU DON'T WANT THIS GUY. Why? He's a cheater.

Whatever he says, whatever he does -- he cheated on his girlfriend with you. So that's once that you know of... it's very possible you're not the only one!

If they'll cheat with you.... they'll cheat on you. It's a cliche because it's true!

This guy wants "space" to "be alone" and "mourn his relationship"? Yeah, right. So give him space. Give him so much space he forgets what you look like or what your voice sounds like! Disappear from his world, put the focus back on YOU and your own fabulous life....

.... and if I were you, I'd be hoping and praying this guy DOESN'T decide to come back for more in a few months -- after his "alone time" -- because he's got more red flags than a communist nation!!!

• Like 1