Am I being a fool? Does my boyfriend even love me?

What is my boyfriend trying to do to me is he trying to manipulate me into this weak women that just accepts what he does to me?

My boyfriend has been stressing me out this past month. I'm lead to believe he may have a drug addiction. I first thought he was cheating on me and he very well may be. I created a fake google voice number and I started texting him pretending like I knew him. Well he fell for it. He went so far as to schedule a meet up date to go meet this "fake person".

I called him out on it and he pretended that he knew it was me. Fast forward a few days later I go over to his place (day before yesterday ) to talk with him. He tells me he had been at his mom's house... okay I believe him and let it go. Well the following morning we both are getting ready to head out to start our day (he had to go to work I worked later that day). His mom calls him and I can over hear her on the phone and she's talking as if she hasn't seen him in a few days. Well I confront him about it asking if he went over to his mother's. He continues to lie and I say your mother said she had to give you something if you'd went there last night he'd have brought it home with him last night. So I say call your mom and let's see what she says about you coming over. He gets angry and tells me to get out of his place with all this "speculation".

He makes me collect all my belongings. To make a long story short after talking with his mother I told him I needed space from all the drama to think about us.

He texted back: "The drama! Really! That you started but you acting like I'm the problem! See this is why I didn't want to move in together and why i havent been turned on lately. because you negative selfish attitude always tryna find somethang wrong! I been tried to talk nice to u and wit you bout it yet you still bring it back up. Yeah u will be waiting a month and not just a week!"

Your gut is telling you things are wrong. You already know he's lying & now he's trying to make it your fault. All red flags.

You need to end this now or all it will do is drag on & be worse before it's over.

It sounds to me like he is trying to be a jerk so you break up with him & he doesn't have to be the bad guy.

• Like 1
  • Author
Your gut is telling you things are wrong. You already know he's lying & now he's trying to make it your fault. All red flags.

You need to end this now or all it will do is drag on & be worse before it's over.

It sounds to me like he is trying to be a jerk so you break up with him & he doesn't have to be the bad guy.

I don't know what he is trying to do. He he has some things I loaned him. Like my TV and DVD player when he got his place this month. He's intending to dangle these things over my head. But he's in for a surprise. Right now I believe he thinks this is some kind of game... A power struggle. But for me it's to gain a foothold on myself and my life. Before he and I got together I was goal oriented working two jobs (still working two jobs) and was doing positive things for myself. Now I've done nothing but stress over this child like man. I can't anymore. I can't do it. I'm not wasting anymore time on him.

When those 30 days are up and he still doesn't hear from me I hope more so than anything that it has hit home that I was done the very day I texted him that I needed space. That he had already lost me and didnt even know it.

A TV and a DVD player are replaceable.

Your heart is more fragile and precious.

Let them go; sacrifice them to him if he thinks they're so important.

If he insists on dangling them over your head it shows how little he's thinking....

It's not: "If you love me we can work this out".

It's "If you want your TV/DVD Player, you'll have to come back for them."

He may use them as a form of blackmail, but here's the thing:

Think about this for a second: He's actually putting your desire to have those things returned, above anything you might feel for him. He's placing himself BELOW their worth.

Well, he got that right....

Let them go. He's not worth it, and neither are they.....

Good for you. The loss of a TV & DVD player are small prices to pay to be rid of him. I once gave an EX BF $500 cash for his moving expenses just so he'd be out of my life. He signed a promissory note but I knew it wasn't worth the paper it was written on.

• Like 1
  • Author
Good for you. The loss of a TV & DVD player are small prices to pay to be rid of him. I once gave an EX BF $500 cash for his moving expenses just so he'd be out of my life. He signed a promissory note but I knew it wasn't worth the paper it was written on.

Yeah its not worth it. I invested close to the same amount with an ex. I'm just emotionally empty. I'm not going to lie all of this is going to cause some serious trust issues within me. I'm just now realizing that this man has been lying from the beginning of this relationship. I don't even know the man I'm in love with.

I don't know who he is. I don't know what he really thinks or how he feels. I know nothing. This level of deceit does something to a person. How am I to trust the next person I get involved with? If I ever do. Its hard to sit here and believe not every person is like that. My last ex before this one lied compulsively. Then this man lies from the very beginning.

I just can't I'm emotionally and spent and just feel im better off being single. Its pointless wasting time and effort into relationships this day and age. People see relationships as a game and only wants to see how much harder they can get the other person to fall for the them.

I'm done. I'm just going to engross myself in my career and dream goals.

I've wasted too much of my life concerning myself with others. Constantly wanting the acceptance and love of others. If haven't gotten now then its pointless to keep worrying about it.