I was a bad boyfriend at times

So it has been exactly a week today since me and my girlfriend of 1 year broke up. At times I was not particularly pleasant to her. I remember when we went on a trip and we spent 3 days doing what I wanted to, and on the day we did her thing, all I did was moan and complain.

I literally hate myself for it!!!!

Sometimes I feel like I deserve all of this pain, and that she is well rid of me. I believe in karma, and this is my punishment!

All I want is for her to go on and have a good and happy life, because she better of without an absolute idiot like me.

Sometimes I feel like don't even deserve happiness. She is wonderful, I am scum.

So it has been exactly a week today since me and my girlfriend of 1 year broke up. At times I was not particularly pleasant to her. I remember when we went on a trip and we spent 3 days doing what I wanted to, and on the day we did her thing, all I did was moan and complain.

I literally hate myself for it!!!!

Sometimes I feel like I deserve all of this pain, and that she is well rid of me. I believe in karma, and this is my punishment!

All I want is for her to go on and have a good and happy life, because she better of without an absolute idiot like me.

Sometimes I feel like don't even deserve happiness. She is wonderful, I am scum.

Your post full of toxic ideation constructed from toxic words.

You would do well to examine your relationship with yourself, because it's that relationship that sets the scene for our relationships with others.

This is a fundamental truth, so give it some thought.

Edited by Satu
  • Like 1

Well, all is not lost because you have realized your part in the failure of this relationship. Next time around, remember to treat people as you would wish to be treated and to strive to make them happy, not angry.

• Like 1

Yes, it is ok to be sad about it, but at the same time you have to learn from your mistakes. Otherwise the break-up would've been pointless.

Just reflect on your mistakes and promise yourself that you will never make the same mistakes in your next relationship.

• Like 1
  • Author

I did do good though, she told me I helped her learn to love herself, and to help her through things.

I have done good, yet I have also done bad.

• Like 1
I did do good though, she told me I helped her learn to love herself, and to help her through things.

I have done good, yet I have also done bad.

In that case, you don't qualify for 'bad person' status.

See the good in yourself, and you will see it grow.

We can all improve ourselves.

devilish innocent

I read your other post. The girl was no saint either. She's not any more deserving than you are. She was also just 19. That's an age where most people are still learning about what they need in a life partner. At that age, it's more of a norm to move on after the initial high of a relationship wears off than it is to stay. There's no guarantee she'd still be with you regardless of how well you treated her.

It's normal to start taking your partner for granted after a while as you did and not always be on your best behavior with them. That doesn't make you a bad person. If you don't like the way you behaved, then keep it in mind for the next time you're in a relationship. But don't get down on yourself for it. You're only human, just like everybody else. You're hurting right now. What you need to do is focus on taking care of yourself. Getting down on yourself won't help anyone and will only make things worse than they have to be for you.

Edited by devilish innocent
  • Like 1