Has anyone ever reconciled w/ their ex and lived happily ever after married?

IhavenoFREAKINclue

IhavenoFREAKINclue

Has anyone ever broken up from a long relationship? I mean apart for a good 2-3 months. And actually have a success story of them getting back together and getting married? My and my BF just broke up from a 2 and half year relationship. He says he needs space. Is there a chance that this could work out in the end? I mean get back together and live happily ever after? Has this happen to anyone?

same thing happened to me. well, a year later we are back at square one (same probs, etc). i'm so bummed i wasted yet another year w/ a guy who is maybe just a BAD MATCH. take this opportunity to start a clean slate. it's much easier that way. sorry but i wanted to make my relationship work sooo bad & yes, he changed for awhile & it's taken so much work, but essentially we have the same probs we always had! annoying!

Yes, I broke up with a boyfriend because he wouldn't commit and he contacted me a year and a few months later wanting to hook up again. I took it as a sign he would finally commit to me. The e-mail he sent me after all that time apart was signed all my love.....what a fairy tale. We did get back together, though, and had an on and off again, many times long distance relationship, for another year and a half. What a mistake! All our problems came rushing back two-fold. He was worse!! The reason our relationship became a long distance one was because I left....but we still maintained a relationship from a far and visited (I was on the fence about what to do). In the end we decided to move in together (I know stupid). I gave him a final ultimatum to be with me or be with out me. He chose to really be with me....he did everything to wow me. He moved into a new apartment and waited for me to move in with him. I was still a bit far away from him at that time. We talked everyday on the phone about how perfect everything was going to be. I finally got to him and we lasted a week living together! We were so on and off I thought after our big fight of living together he would STILL contact me and want to rehash it, but he started something up with a next door neighbor instead after our break up. She had only moved in a month before and I knew this guy for three years!!!

My ex had tons of problems. I was in total denial and in the end our relationship paid the ultimate price: A big, bad break up. But the good new is....It doesn't look like there will be a next time for us. These days I have caller Id and more self respect than I did a year and a half ago. Bad relationships only become worse over time......in my opinion.....whether or not you break up and get back together. If it is a good relationship, but one that didn't work because of timing or something else, then maybe it could work again. You need to really think about the type of relationship you have with the person and be honest with yourself!!!