unexpected ex encounters?

i would like to hear from mature adults who encountered their ex completely unexpectedly, especially if you fall into these categories:

a) the unexpected encounter was a long time after the break-up, like 8+ months

b) you didn't part as friends originally, it was a "bad" break-up

i'd be interested in hearing how the encounter was handled. who spoke to who first? did you speak to the person at all? ignore them? hit them? act friendly? catch up? etc.

With one ex, we encountered each other quite a few times after we broke up. We lived near by. We didn't have a fallout, but I sure as hell didn't want to break up. He was mean about it afterwards, shoving his hussy of the week in my face at more then one time. I never responded, just said "Hello" and "Bye" when we would unexpectedly meet.

Fast forward. Years have gone by and I was on my second date with a guy (it didn't work out). My ex walked into the bar where we were and knew I was there. I have a bike which I fixed up myself, it is quite recognizable (white with flowers and an pink basket). I parked my bike exactly infront of the entrance of the establishment. He then sat down with his date at a table next to mine, kept on staring, but didn't say anything. My date wasn't that mutch of a looker, but he he was very sweet and funny. When I first saw my ex walking in there I wanted to run. Then I thought: '**** you! This is my town! This is my bar! You are not going to ruin my evening!'

I saw him looking and looking and decided to be the better person. A waved a friendly 'Hello' at him. He waved back. After that I continued my date and had a blast. My ex was sipping on his coke for over an hour, and then left.

After a week, I noticed him in my fb 'People you might know' for two weeks, after that I heard he broke up with his gf (the girl he was with in the bar, was not his gf btw, so I think he was cheating like I suspected he did when we were together). After that he disappeared, he is gone again, and this is where he should be. Gone.

The end.

• Like 3

i saw an ex i'd lived with for 2 years that left for another guy, in a department store, and i just stayed about 10 feet away and said basically, "i know i shouldn't even be near you or speak to you, but i saw you and just wanted to say hi" and then i turned to walk away. she stopped me and we talked about her moving to another state with her new boyfriend.

• Like 1

Then I thought: '**** you! This is my town! This is my bar! You are not going to ruin my evening!'

Well done you! You're right, it's your town too.

• Like 1
Then I thought: '**** you! This is my town! This is my bar! You are not going to ruin my evening!'

Well done you! You're right, it's your town too.

He moved out of my town, in with his (then) gf (after many try out hussies, which he shoved in my face via a Dutch sort of FB, telling the world how sexual compatible they were). So it was MY town, and not his anymore, lol.

I almost barfed in my mouth when I saw him the last time. Be gone Satan!

The one ex that I still think about, I most likely will never come across again. We were not in the same circles really at all.

That said, I also live in a city where I constantly bump into random people that I've parted ways with throughout my life that I would never expect to see again. Classmates from junior high. Old coworkers. Old Friends. My good buds exes. haha. It freaks me out sometimes just how small and big this place is at times.

But the Universe works in a way that the one person I'd like to bump into again...well, I probably never will. Haha.

We ended on somewhat okay terms. She contacted me months after the BU, after complete NC on my part, we had some good long chats but she thought it was really best to go out own separate ways. And now we have.