ex texted me happy birthday...how to response?

My ex texted me happy birthday yesterday and i felt strange coz when we were together she never even wished me before as she said shes too busy to remember anything.

Fyi: she broke up with me last year on my birthday...how ironic is tht LOL!!!!

Below is the text and duration of my response:

Ex : happy birthday. Hope u had a good one (11.34am)

Me: tq (2.00pm)

Ex : so how are you? (2.45pm)

Me : hey am all good. Thanks. (5.45pm)

Ex: nothing to chat about? (7.30pm)

And it ended there. I am not sure if i want to reply or not coz i just don't knw how to response to thtthe most diplomatic manner. Any advise?

sober and dry

Sorry for this but I think I would just start to laugh like crazy if I was in your shoes xD

Probably would said **** to her or I would just say "LMFAO"...

• Like 1
  • Author
Talk about being pushy.. she's lucky she even got a reply from you.

Yeah shes quite a push over and throwing her weight around whn we were together....and lots of abusive slurs as well...

• Author
Talk about being pushy.. she's lucky she even got a reply from you.

Ask her if she wants to come over and see you in your birthday suit?

Epic!!!! Hahahahahahaha

Glad you ended it there. You gave her too much already by replying, but you said nothing wrong, were only polite and were indifferent and that is good. Now, back to life without her and here's to finding someone better for you and Happy birthday!

silence.............................

Love it!

• Like 1
  • Author
dont reply, and if you do, say thanks _______ and enter the name of another woman. then do not respond after that

Yeah not planning to reply.....just curious, have u ever tried tht? If u did was the respond as u expected?

• Author
My ex texted me happy birthday yesterday and i felt strange coz when we were together she never even wished me before as she said shes too busy to remember anything.

Fyi: she broke up with me last year on my birthday...how ironic is tht LOL!!!!

Below is the text and duration of my response:

Ex : happy birthday. Hope u had a good one (11.34am)

Me: tq (2.00pm)

Ex : so how are you? (2.45pm)

Me : hey am all good. Thanks. (5.45pm)

And it ended there. I am not sure if i want to reply or not coz i just don't knw how to response to thtthe most diplomatic manner. Any advise?

and i received this a day later:

Ex: Why u treat me like an enemy? Its already been a year.

And i still left it at tht didnt reply. What gives?

Uhh maybe because you broke up with me on my birthday last year.

I think it's so rude how she's just resurfaced and is acting like nothing happened. Like... can we say there's a giant pink elephant in the room. Helloooo lady. How about an I'm so sorry for breaking your heart on your birthday. That would be a nice start.

I would probably keep ignoring because I don't think she gets it.

• Like 4
I'm so sorry for breaking your heart on your birthday. That would be a nice start.

THIS. Reply to nothing less than this.

You owe this person nothing. She's being incredibly selfish by trying to strike up some small talk. Unless she wants to level with you in a real way, it's not acceptable for her to throw you away and then expect you to jump when she wants to talk. Not cool at all.

Either the silence will inspire her to say something real, or it will send her packing. You win either way.

Keep ignoring.

• Like 2

She's feeling guilty and wanted to see if you hate her. She dumped you on your birthday. Something made her remember the date and she thought back on how crappy that was.

she was throwing out feelers and looking to ease that guilt.

• Like 1

You know what, people are not as stupid as they like to make out. They know d@mn well what they did, but they refuse to acknowledge it. They want to minimize what happened to see if you will sweep it under the rug. Honestly, that is exactly what she is doing. She is trying to minimize what she did to see if you will play along. I wouldn't give her the satisfaction of a response.

She is making out like you are the "enemy" because you didn't want to have a lengthy chat. I don't text any of my ex's happy birthday because we go our separate ways after the breakup.

• Like 1
She is making out like you are the "enemy" because you didn't want to have a lengthy chat.

Ahhhh, the old 180. My ex was a PhD at this. She had me so confused, I didn't know if I was coming or going. LOL!!!

Silence is your best option!! As someone else said, you owe her nothing!!!

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • Author
mikelongtolt

She texted me again last week and i was in the gym, read her msg but did not reply coz i was wearing mitts and unable to type.

So i just thought if i still in the mood after my workout i will just send a courtesy reply...however as below:

Ex :

hi happy friday. How have been. 7.45pm

so after so long u decided to unfriend me? 8.14pm

why are u so calculative? U alwiz siad tht u are a gentlemen.all are just talk only.9.15pm

Fine. No more friends. 10.30pm

Fyi i finished working out around 9.30pm and left the gym at 10pm after a shower. only able to read her final msg around 11pm after i got home.

Tempted to reply just to tell her off but i want to be a better person than she is thus i just ignored.

Finally she gets it.