Being Friends with someone you briefly dated after breaking up?

I dated a guy for a few weeks and it was awesome and romantic. But there were a few red flags that he had commitment issues and would be bad bf material in the long run. And when he suddenly pulled away after things heated up, that confirmed it for me. However, I really enjoyed talking to him and thought he was a very cool dude. And I don't take the rejection personally as it was a brief romance. He was always a gentleman and we ended things on a good note. So I told him I'm happy to be his friend when he wants to reach out and he was receptive. I'm over the romance part anyway, it wasn't meant to be.

Do you think it's possible to be friends right after ending it when you are the dumpee? It's not very often I meet someone I have such a good repore with, and think it's a shame if we can't catch up every once in a while in a friendly manner.

It depends, do you have any residual romantic feelings for him? If yes, terrible idea. If none, then go ahead be friends.

Depends on the people involved. I'm in the camp of I don't have female friends. I do have a few FWB. But, none that I just call to chat with or take to a friendly dinner. Maybe I'm a prick? :cool:

crazybestie101
I dated a guy for a few weeks and it was awesome and romantic. But there were a few red flags that he had commitment issues and would be bad bf material in the long run. And when he suddenly pulled away after things heated up, that confirmed it for me. However, I really enjoyed talking to him and thought he was a very cool dude. And I don't take the rejection personally as it was a brief romance. He was always a gentleman and we ended things on a good note. So I told him I'm happy to be his friend when he wants to reach out and he was receptive. I'm over the romance part anyway, it wasn't meant to be.

Do you think it's possible to be friends right after ending it when you are the dumpee? It's not very often I meet someone I have such a good repore with, and think it's a shame if we can't catch up every once in a while in a friendly manner.

Thank you for posting this question. I am in same boat as you are , only difference your feeling are just like my ex. Our dating also very brief but quite intense ( he talked about marriage ,kids). He was dumper and i am dumpee. I think he feels like you and have made several attempts to reach out and be friends after 1 year of NC. But i am affraid i wont be able to be his friend because I cant turn my feelings into friendship. So i avoid it. People would say i should have let go and be okay with friendship but i cant do it. May be in begining of BU its looks great idea but its actually not. Unless you guys were never involved at first place..