Sent the ex flowers for her birthday, today was it.

story:http://www.loveshack.org/forums/t50121/15-2

Anyhow she just called, its midnight. Wonder why she called so late, and why she called in the first place. Was i in the right to not answer the phone?

why did you send the flowers? to make a kind gesture to someone you care about?

she called to thank the person who sent her flowers on her birthday.

not sure what the relationship between you both is like, but perhaps it just took her a while to get her head around the fact that you sent her flowers on her birthday when you are her ex?

Originally posted by jcweik

why she called in the first place

Uh, because you sent her flowers? Why else?! C'mon now dude, you knew this answer.

she just called, its midnight. Wonder why she called so late

If you're her ex, she was probably spending all night trying to figure out what to say in that phone call. And she's probably still trying to pinpoint why you sent flowers, idunno??? Now you've got her wondering why you didn't answer. By the way, why DIDN'T you answer?!

She's gonna think you're playing games by not answering your phone. :o

• Author

No no, I'm not trying to play games. I was simply showing her that i didn't forget her birthday. I didnt put my name on the card but i think she will know they were from me. I didn't answer the phone because she was prolly drunk. And yes, i do want her to think where i was or what i was doing. Why not, i thought about it all the time when she broke up with me.

I would like to get back with this girl, but i don't know how to go about it. She has a current boyfriend, so she says anyways.

So, let me get this straight... you wanted her to know that you didn't forget her birthday, but you didn't put your name on the card? Seems like doing that defeats the purpose of sending the flowers in the first place. And then you don't answer when she calls (probably to thank you), but you do want her back? Not answering the phone when she calls is not the best way to show your interest...

Definitely sounds like a game...

• Author

Its complicated. I didn't put my name on the card because i knew she would know who they came from. I didn't answer the phone because i don't think i can get her back. So there is no point in me talking to her, getting my self upset all over, for nothing.

I just don't get why you wouldn't have answered the phone. You could ahve been like

"well you're welcome. I have to go. See ya"

or something quick.

okay okay, we are all being a tad harsh. you want her back, so you want to try at play a bit of hard to get?? you dont want her to think you are desperate for her? you didn't want to answer the phone because you wanted her to wonder, "huh? thats weird, i thought he wanted me back, yet hes out and about and probably not thinking about me.."

if she has a boyfriend there is probably no chance to get her back, except to just hang out with her occasionally, be friends, and perhaps she will realise that you two are made for each other.

otherwise, you may just need to forget about her altogether, and just relax. there are plenty more fish in the sea buddy! and if you two broke up, it was likely to be for a reason, a reason that is not likely to change unless one of you change. and why should you? there may be someone out there perfect for you that doesn't require either or you changing. just gotta take the time to let it happen. forget about sending her flowers on her birthday. forget when you birthday is, forget her number, forget what her voice sounds like on the phone. eventually, you will realise there is a great life without her

• Author

the reason we broke up? Because we sat at my house or her house and did nothing. She just got out of highschool and wanted to have fun.

I don't sit at home anymore, and neither does she. You think that new boyfriend of hers is more then a rebound heh?

• Author

Also, Why is she still calling me every other week, even though im usually never there. She still calls when she has a new boyfriend. Calls me in the middle of the night, yet im never there, but the calls keep coming.

Why?

MissingHerBad

I feel for this guy...I wouldnt have answered either lol...but it sounds like were both younger. Its my ex's bday this weekend. I have already sent her a card but because of the holiday it wont arrive till Monday. I ve been wondering if I to should send roses. It has been a month and a half and lately she has been telling me that she has been thinking about our memories and it is making her really quite sad. The reason that we broke up bottom line is because I didnt do the little things. What should I do...Just leave it with the card...or should I send her some flowers...I mean come on it has been a month and a half and she is just starting to think about the memories now?! hmm...help!

MissingHerBad

Also, Why is she still calling me every other week, even though im usually never there. She still calls when she has a new boyfriend. Calls me in the middle of the night, yet im never there, but the calls keep coming.

Why?

You say she is fresh out of highschool. Sounds to me like she doesnt know what she wants? How old are you? If shes calling in the middle of the night frequently...lets be serious...SHE WANTS SOMETHING!