6 month update

winnerwinnerchicken

winnerwinnerchicken

6 months has passed since my ex of 5 years moved out of my place while I was at work. She moved in with a guy and his parents ( 22 and living at home, i've had my own place since i was 18)

A little backstory. My girlfriend and I were very much in love. But, the problem was that I was her first everything. No other guy ever told her he liked her, held her hand or anything. I was her first everything. We were at 5 years, we still did stuff to make life fun, but my ex had gotten kinda lazy and had no job for over a year. She had few friends so she basically sat at home. I do have faults in this story. I feel now that I could have done more to keep her around, more treatment like the first year or two of the relationship. I just was so frustrated that she wouldnt get a job or commit to going to university.

Pretty much, one day things were all normal. We were talking buying a house, engagment and marriage and the next she meets a guy at a place she volunteers. I read their messages middle of may, nothing out of the ordinary( i got jealous), come the end of may she is drifting away. Mid june, one night while i am at work she, him and her parents move my ex into this guy and his family's house. This is where she has been for 6 months. Since she was such good friends with her new boyfriends mother, at first I believed her that maybe she wasnt cheating on me or that she didnt jump in with him right away. She told me that I had messed up and that it was my fault. Now , we had never fought like this before. She never told me these problems, she still seemed very happy at home. I could still make her laugh, we still sang to music and did everything together. She goes to university in a community 1.5 hours away, drives home weekends to be with him.. i think. I havnt driven by there in 5 months.

Now there is me, 6 months later... I am still angry, at her, at me. I am angry that we never talked, never tried a damn thing to save our relationship. We were so close. We had such a good time. She just said, i'm done with you. She moved out, never answered my texts and she treated me like I was dead. Just suddenly. I am mad that she was my best friend, her only friend.. the person that stopped her from cutting herself when she was 14,.. the person who gave her every good memory from when she was 14. I never put anyone above her once in the whole 5 years. I am mad at me still, for letting my guard down. For not treating our relationship like every day was its last. If she only knew what I would have done for her, how hard I would have fought to keep her around. I would bring down the moon if I could.

I"m sure she is long over me, even with all the love we used to have, shes absorbed in him. I live day by day. Many days I still cry, many days I still regret what I have done. I still miss the best friend I ever had. I know its a lot to read, and there is a lot of rambling. Slowely I am moving on. Accepting I will likely never hear from her again, which is sad. To have such a strong relationship just die in such a terribly immature way is cruel.

You won though. You got rid of a loser. That dude inherited a problem. Tell yourself this. It was a cowardly way to do things and you won.

The way she did it was cowardly and she hopped on to another guy.

That is a loser.

A winner can be by themselves, heal and rebuild alone.

The way she did it was cowardly and she hopped on to another guy.

That is a loser.

A winner can be by themselves, heal and rebuild alone.

That's what my exgf did. After two years over telling me how much she loves me and how we should get married and making the relationship super serious by getting our families involved.. she bailed and then two days later dating a new guy.

the same thing is currently happening to me right now, my ex and me have been together for 3 years. i was there for him thru everything. when he didn't have a job i helped paid his way thru school, i gave him my car to go and do anything he wanted. i gave him anything and did as much as i could to be that great girlfriend. he would say he loved me and wanted to one day have a family with me. the last few days of our relationship he told me he loved me but that things have been getting hard and we needed to work things out. 3 days later i walk into my house and he's with another girl on my couch. we split up and now 4 weeks after this whole thing, they are posting on Facebook that they are "IN LOVE" and are happy for their family ( back story this girl has a 6 year old daughter and my ex is only 24 and we always use to talk about how we were not ready for kids yet ) so everything just hit me right in the chest. i felt like he was being a man i never knew and now i found out after them only being together for 4 weeks that they are moving in. so i understand i feel used, i feel manipulated, i feel like i meant nothing these 3 years, just for him to be able to jump relationships and completely erase me like i didn't matter.

• Author
winnerwinnerchicken

It definitely sucks when people are replaced. I dont wish her bad, I hope that one day she at least understands that she didnt do things right and that our relationship deserved an opportunity to be fixed or worked on. When you try nothing to fix something that once meant everything to both of us its terrible. I wish her a good life, but would not be too upset if she too one day had to feel 1/100 the pain she has caused me. They way she blamed me, threated to get me fired from my high paying job by lying to the police telling them that I used to beat her and the way that she had no intentions to ever talk to me again. Thats plain wrong.