Victim of Love

I met this boy 2 years ago with a pretty face hes 20 years old and im a 24 years old male, he was in a band and when i saw him he was quite rowdy type of person. we got the chance to talk i wanted to compliment him on his guitar performance but turns out hes a girl a very boyish girl with short hair tattered jeans and metallica t shirt. and lol was i surprised

Not many people like him cuz of her selfish personality eventhou shes a good guitarist, and many people talk behind her back because shes so full of it and make a point to insult her choice of style impersonating a male.

i dont know why but i am attracted to her, maybe a sense of pity at first because he doesnt have much friends even her bandmates doesnt really took a shine on her.

I was her closest friend for half a year defending her and being her friends when others only judge her, and our trust in each other we finally went out together as a couple. I was often ridiculed for dating a girl that looks like a dude but i didnt really care cuz i care for her. but she become worried about it and asked me would i prever if she look and dress like a girl for a change and i said that i wouldnt mind either way as long as shes comfortable.

Then she wanted to give it a try, so i took her to the salon when her hair is longer, the spa, manicure pedicure and so on i bought her a couple of dress and blouses skirts and etc. lol and oh boy was i surprised how beautiful she looked after all that, its like a real story of an ugly duckling turning into a beautiful swan. and even her personality changed to become this lovely cute person and i loved her even more

Her confidence rising and those guys that ridiculed her?, now they are chasing to try dating her and try to get her attention. and that made me proud to be able to help her change for the better

We dated for more than a year now and how she grows more beautiful each passing months, but sadly her parents disaprove of our relationship and since then we grew apart... she doesnt have the courage to stand up to her family nor i have the way to convince them i tried everything.

She dated someone else, an easy feat for her now she got the looks. while were still in a relationship. i asked why? after everything i did for her and all she replied was... that she loves me but she cant see our future together cuz of her parents disaproval yet she loves me too much to break up with me and tell me that shes with another person now cuz she cant be with me... and she was really cold about it as well...

So in the end i wished her luck and i told her it was one of the happiest memories that we had together and then we separate. and i was left alone, sad , dissapointed. but no hatred nor anger towards her i still do care about her. a bit bitter maybe because of the dissapointment...

The ironic part is... when she was alone i was there for her to believe and support her and now here i am alone and i was not as lucky as her to have someone like that for me in my life...

as i sit down or awake lying on the bed at night i always asked myself... did she even really loved me?... does it all mean nothing to her?.... how could she?...

I'm sorry for the hurt you are experiencing now.

Just one question though so we could understand the whole picture. Why did her parents disapprove of you?

• Author

Thankyou..., and also for the quick reply as well.

Her parents at first approved of me being with her cuz she finally left the metal hard rock life and start to become more girl like in appearance and personality ever since we dated.

her parents are rich and stable whereas im from a broken home family so no dad mom is got stroke and im still struggling with college and odd jobs to pay for my college and my mom medication. after her parents learned about my background they didnt think im good or prospective enough for her daughter and ever since then.... they did everything they could to make me stop seeing her

Again, sorry brother for having experience this kind of pain. Be comforted, however, that with time and a positive outlook you can overcome this heartbreak.

As for your story, I really feel sad because I think you gave your everything for this girl and not only does she cheat on you but also treated you callously at the end. Cheating in my opinion no matter the reason is wrong. I applaud you on how you handled it at the end, it was very dignified. You should be proud of yourself.

As to what went wrong, I think your ex was a little too young and probably a little too spoiled by her parents making her afraid of disobeying their wishes. I can understand why she broke and stopped seeing you because of the pressure from them. However, cheating on you and basically crushing you in this manner was unacceptable no matter what.

Please don't think about whether she loved you or whether she valued your relationship and your time together because chances are she did. The way you basically changed her life is a memorable gift anyone would cherish.

Don't beat yourself up over this. You loved and gave your all that is what's important.

Grieve for the loss, feel the pain, reflect on the lessons you learned from this relationship, be the best version of yourself. Then stand up and move forward. You will love and be loved again.

Stay strong brother.

• Author

Light Breeze thank you for the reply, i gave it a read and it really comforts me to know that at the very least what i did for her were not in vain. to know that i have an impact in her life i can take comfort in knowing that, at least im not forgotten although i seemed to be discarded by her...

Do you think i should stop all contact with her? i still care for her although it hurts knowing her with someone else... what if she ask for us to get back together again...i am afraid of getting hurt again yet longing for that glimmer of hope at the same time...

its hard to care for someone yet feeling hurt at the same time.

what is the best course of action for me to do in this situation?