Ending things amicably.

What is your opinion on this? Most relationships end with the partners disliking each other and speaking ill about them, but not all of them do. I remember when I dated some girl briefly, we ended it amicably and I have a lot of positive things to say about her, and vice versa. It didn't work out, but I don't hate her at all, and while I haven't talked to her in a while, I consider her to be a friend.

I know some people say that it's never a good idea to be friends with your ex, but some of the time, things don't end in the worst of terms.

What do you think?

I'm a big believer in ending things amicably. There are very few reasons for screaming horrible things at each other in the end.

An amicable ending does not mean that a friendship endures after the break up. It simply means that you don't talk about the person & that you can be polite & civil when you see each other afterwards. There is no reaching out, chatting & otherwise trying to maintain a connection.

• Like 1
  • Author

Maybe, but some of the time things don't work out because of problems with one of the parties. I don't have anything bad to say about the girl who I dated. I don't think I'd want to be with her again, but I like her as a person.