LC question after LDR breakup

It has been a year and a half since my last breakup. It was roughly a 3 year relationship and this forum really helped me through the hard times. I have totally moved on and don't even think of her anymore.

Back in June I met this amazing girl. She was better than my ex in every way. I had never been so happy. We spent the best summer together.

Our biggest challenge is that I am 25, finished school, good job and have my own place, while she is 19 with 3 more years of school left. Her school is over 3 hours away. She ended things a few days ago because we are at totally different spots in life and doesn't want us to get more serious and hurt. Basically our timing sucks and I see where she's coming from.

She wants to give us a real shot if we are both single when she is done school and ready for a serious relationship. I know I can't sit and wait for her (she doesn't expect me too)and need to move on. She wants to keep in touch every few months however and I'm wondering if LC is my best approach ? I know NC works but since this was such a short and casual relationship I'm not nearly as torn up as before.

I do miss her and I truly believe we would be an amazing couple under different circumstances. I could really use everyone's advice!

Edited by deorro

If you decide going LC as oppose to NC, there are things I think you need to consider.

You have to determine why you're going LC. If it's because you plan to wait for her then there is a danger that it will impede your progress in moving on. It would always be in the back of your mind that you are biding your time and just waiting for her to graduate to pursue a relationship. However, there is a very real possibility that she finds someone else. Remember the girl is in college.

In my honest opinion just go total NC now until all romantic feelings are purged. You can always reconnect with her as friends in the future anyway. In the meantime maybe someone more suited for you might come.