Rebound for dumpee?

I was left by my ex of 2.5yrs for someone else. I've spent the last 3weeks going through the usual grief cycle of emotions but know that I have to move on. I just wondered if anyone has any experience with rebounds as a dumpee- did it help, I miss male company and intimacy. I'm not looking for a relationship I have thought it might be nice to feel desireable again and might even be empowering. Any thoughts?

My thoughts are that it isn't fair to the rebound person unless they are fully aware of the situation and are ok with it. Don't go hurting someone else to make yourself feel better.

3 weeks is not a lot of time and if you jump into someone else's arms you are bound to either hurt yourself further or hurt the other person.

• Author

I wouldn't be trying to use anyone or hurt them I'm talking about a casual, mutually agreeable understanding, I am not the type of person who would try to dupe someone and I want to be on my own and work on me, but it would be nice to have someone as the void at the moment seems insurmountable.

• Author

I wouldn't be trying to use anyone or hurt them I'm talking about a casual, mutually agreeable understanding, I am not the type of person who would try to dupe someone and I want to be on my own and work on me, but it would be nice to have someone as the void at the moment seems insurmountable.

I just wondered if anyone has any experience of this.