Why would an ex boyfriend do this?

HeBrokeMyHeart

HeBrokeMyHeart

Okay I'll try explain the break up as best as I can without trying to bore you with paragraphs.

Reason for breakup: Arguments. (Yet we argued more after we split then we did when we was together) arguments were caused from him pulling away which he explained was from scared of being hurt. (He was cheated on by his first love 3 years ago and still bares the scars) why this was one of the reasons his friend aged 28 was dying of cancer and I guessed that brought on him pulling away scared to get attached to anyone. Things were just beginning to pick up in our relationship and get serious.

First break up lasted a total of 3 days before he got in contact, first liking my Instagram pictures then making it clear on social media he think he had made a huge mistake. Finally he messaged me to ask how I was as things didn't end well between us, he wanted to meet up and talk. He told me he missed me. When we met up he opened up and told me he was just scared of getting hurt and that I'm the first girl in a real long time he actually genuinely likes. He told me he lied when he said he didn't see us having a future & that he didn't mean it when he said things didn't seem right between us.

We got back together but it lasted a week before it ended due to him being more distant then ever and just thinking it would end in a argument like it did for the exact reason he was being off.

A week goes by and his best friend tries to get us back together & to talk to each other at a party. We drunkingly hook up (a mistake) and we got into a huge argument which hurt us both a lot. He began posting things on social media to hurt me and make me jealous. At the time I was so caught up in my emotions I feel for his trap and gave him a reaction to it. Which ended in a argument, I ended up blocking him. That night he posted on social media how he hate feeling like he's done something wrong and how he wishes people didn't feel pain and things could be simple.

2 weeks go by and then he contacts me on the day of his friends funeral he apologies and says that the day had made him realise how much of an ass he had been. He seeked comfort in me and we began speaking again, things were going good between us we was speaking everyday, he was complimenting me, contacting me, wanting to go for drinks. This lasted 2 weeks until I had to know what was going on. He just wanted to be friends. I told him I couldn't do it.

A week goes by and I regret my decision stupidly and ask if we could be friends. He declined & told me he was seeing someone. We had yet another argument in which he rubbed and flaunted this new girl in my face and how they had this amazing connection even changing his profile picture to him and some girl for 5 sec just so that I could see it and then changed it back. His flaunting didn't stop there, he posted stuff on social media to rub it in my face even more.

He was checking my social media sites regularly too. I had enough and blocked him from everything. Being sneaky I recently checked his site & see that now that I had blocked him (thinking I can't see his either) he's now stopped with the flaunting. He even has gone as far as getting his best friend to add me & using our mutual friends snapchat to snspchat me.

During our last argument he said this 'of course I miss you ... It's just better if we don't talk because of all the what ifs.' He then went on to say how he hadn't replaced me with this new girl.

It's been nearly a month since we spoke the longest we've ever gone without speaking. Does anyone have any insight on his behaviour? Why I have moved on myself and am in the acceptance stage I'm starting to realise a lot of his behaviour was stemmed from anger & that he hadn't moved on. But want others opinions!

How old are both of you? It's a serious question, because it may alter what I say just a tad.

Anyways...I think you have answered your own question...he found someone else but he's not fully sure about her because she's new and is trying to hold on to you as a backup or as comfort food for when he gets dumped by her or he realizes she's not all that he told you she is.

That's what I think anyways, but I'm no pro at this.

• Author
HeBrokeMyHeart
How old are both of you? It's a serious question, because it may alter what I say just a tad.

Anyways...I think you have answered your own question...he found someone else but he's not fully sure about her because she's new and is trying to hold on to you as a backup or as comfort food for when he gets dumped by her or he realizes she's not all that he told you she is.

That's what I think anyways, but I'm no pro at this.

There is a bit of an age gap between us. I'm 19 & he's 26, we've been friends for the last 3 years together for 1.5 years. In all honesty I truly believe that this new girl is a rebound. I know him and I know for a fact he wouldn't rush into anything due to his insecurities, a part of me actually thinks there isn't a girl and he just said it to get back at me. He's not the sort of guy to wear his heart on his sleeve.

Because he's playing you and you're letting him. He knows if he has some external rationale for his behavior you'll allow it to continue.

Gather your self respect and get mad.

Because he's immature and wants to play this guilt-jealousy game for his own ego.

It doesn't matter if she's a rebound or not, it has nothing to do with you anymore.

No contact. Heal. You'll be wiser and stronger after.

Stay strong sister.

PinkElephants

If you had moved on and were in the acceptance stage then you wouldn't care. The fact that you're asking means you're still emotionally invested in him and it sounds like you're fishing for someone to say he still cares.

None of what he does matters. Put your b*tch boots on and walk away from his drama.

• Author
HeBrokeMyHeart
Because he's playing you and you're letting him. He knows if he has some external rationale for his behavior you'll allow it to continue.

Gather your self respect and get mad.

I did get mad hence why we argued.