Block/delete him off snapchat?

At this point, I have severed all social media with my ex. We are completely NC after he lied about seeing his ex while we were seeing each other again. However, I had forgotten about snapchat. I posted a "story" on mine and noticed the next day my ex had viewed it.

Should I then block/delete him? I'm torn because a small part of me thinks it would be fun to mess with him haha

Simon Phoenix

Delete him. Playing games are dumb, and if there's anything you should have learned by now, it's that you aren't very good at them.

• Author
Delete him. Playing games are dumb, and if there's anything you should have learned by now, it's that you aren't very good at them.

I think this is actually a compliment lol I have no desire to be good at playing games. I blocked him and I feel good about the decision. I don't think I will ever be in contact with him again and that feels liberating

• Like 3
HeBrokeMyHeart

Just block & delete him. Did he break up with you? You need to go NC, just because he viewed it doesn't mean he "viewed it" I just click on stories to get rid of them & the notifications, doesn't mean I care what they were or who they're from. Why would you want to play mind games for? (Id personally like to know this as my ex likes to play these a lot) trust me blocking him out & not giving him the time of day will do you great! A month NC now & I'm happier then ever!

• Author

I blocked him a while ago but now I am regretting it... I feel like it was good for him to see how well I was doing in my stories and now he can't. Tell me I made the right decision to block him and that I shouldn't regret it

You made a good decision for your health. Right is relative.

Don't should on yourself or others it's bad for your mental health.

Be well.

• Like 1
Simon Phoenix
I blocked him a while ago but now I am regretting it... I feel like it was good for him to see how well I was doing in my stories and now he can't. Tell me I made the right decision to block him and that I shouldn't regret it

Of course you made the right decision. You need to stop trying to play games. It's time for you to move on. And if you are so concerned about putting on a front for a guy who broke up with you, you aren't doing nearly as well as you think.

You need to resist these urges to try to manipulate and meddle. They are terrible urges and have set you back considerably in the past. Keep moving forward, stop looking back.

• Like 1

Oh boy! Don't for into this madness just delete all contact with this guy so you can get on with your own life!

• Author
Of course you made the right decision. You need to stop trying to play games. It's time for you to move on. And if you are so concerned about putting on a front for a guy who broke up with you, you aren't doing nearly as well as you think.

You need to resist these urges to try to manipulate and meddle. They are terrible urges and have set you back considerably in the past. Keep moving forward, stop looking back.

Unfortunately I don't think I'm doing that well... I seem to have moments where I feel okay about everything, but for the most part I seem to fallback on old habits/obsessions. It's very strange, I ended a 6 year relationship without looking back, but this short and toxic relationship has been the opposite. I can't seem to let it go. That being said, I really am trying now more than ever and although it's only been 3 weeks of NC, it's definitely a step in the right direction for me

Simon Phoenix
Unfortunately I don't think I'm doing that well... I seem to have moments where I feel okay about everything, but for the most part I seem to fallback on old habits/obsessions. It's very strange, I ended a 6 year relationship without looking back, but this short and toxic relationship has been the opposite. I can't seem to let it go. That being said, I really am trying now more than ever and although it's only been 3 weeks of NC, it's definitely a step in the right direction for me

Of course you aren't doing that well, it's only been three weeks. It's a hard process and you've delayed it several months by trying to stay in contact and trying to work your way back. You are finally feeling what you should have felt months ago.

It sucks. It's not easy -- most things worth doing aren't easy. But it's necessary. Everytime you backslide, you reset your clock to zero. Keep with the No Contact and you'll eventually get there.

• Author
Of course you aren't doing that well, it's only been three weeks. It's a hard process and you've delayed it several months by trying to stay in contact and trying to work your way back. You are finally feeling what you should have felt months ago.

It sucks. It's not easy -- most things worth doing aren't easy. But it's necessary. Everytime you backslide, you reset your clock to zero. Keep with the No Contact and you'll eventually get there.

Such good advice. You're right, I should have been feeling this loss months ago. Funny though, this week I have not thought about him or the end of the relationship. I have been busy at work, spending time with friends, and even dating a little and he crosses my mind less and less. I see him now more for what he is. I guess sometimes we just get frustrated that the healing process isn't faster. Thanks for your continued support!

• Like 1
whichwayisup

Your life and what you do is absolutely none of his business. Why would you want him to know ANYTHING personal going on in your life? You did the right thing. He played you, he hurt you and the relationship was toxic so again, ask yourself why you'd want someone like that in your life, lurking in the background being nosy? Deleting and blocking means you get your power back fully and don't ever have to waste another minute thinking of him! He's not worthy of being in your head anymore.

reddragon588
Is it true that he can still view my stories if I delete him?

No he can't. Just delete him and be done with it. You'll immediately feel better.