Lost first love because of me

Grevensteiner

I know this girl for 6 months, she's 19, I'm 21. I fell in love with her, we're in a relationship with exclusivness for 3 months. She's beautifull, intelligent, and we have A LOT in common. Sex is also great. We meet almost everyday.

And everything has been ruined yesterday in the evening. She saw my messages with close male friends. I've been writing pretty bad things about her to them, and texts like "so when do we go to the club to pick up some chicks?". Of course I didn't pick up any other girls, but she said I lie to her, and she breaks up with me.

After that I told her I love her, but that didn't really move her. Today I brought her flowers, she was very happy about it, and wanted to meet again, but then she said it doesn't make any sense, as she won't forget what I did. So she wants to end it anyways.

Aaaaaaaw, how can I repair this? I can't sleep, I can't work, study, I always think about her. She kind of became the center of my life. What should I do?

• Author
Grevensteiner

Oh, no, that's because she had a threesome, lesbian sex, ...in the past, but still. I couldn't handle that so I had to talk it out with friends. Also, well, yeah, I acted like a douche.

So there's no way to repair that? The feeling right now is devastating, I can't even sleep :p

You are immature & she discovered how hurtful you can be. Of course she is not going to stick around if you are telling your buddies that you want to go out & pick up other girls or that she is substandard.

I doubt she will forgive you but flowers were a good start. Since she is still talking you, you have a shot at fixing this because she may understand that you didn't mean the awful things you said but she's right it will take a long time for her to forget what you did. She may want to believe but she's probably struggling to figure out which is the real you: the nice guy she thought she was dating or the jackass who is using her & bragging to his buddies.

I'd make sure you praise her publically in a way that she can see you championing her to your friends. If you can't do that, just let her walk away & hopefully you will learn from this mistake.

• Author
Grevensteiner

Yeah, flowers were a good start, but it didn't work, and now she doesn't even wanna talk to me. I guess that's over. How long does it take for there feelings to go away?

A good rule of thumb is 50% of the length of the relationship.

You can improve it by keeping busy, active, improving yourself, and not dwelling on the subject.

• Author
Grevensteiner

Well, she kind of behaves more like usually right now, after we had a longer talk. But there's no sex right now, awww :D I guess I have to wait and see if she'll forgive me.