This one's special

I'll try and keep this short (somewhat). So, been dating this girl for three months (I know not a very long time) but she had trust issues in the beginning and we took it sort of slow in regards to hanging out only 2-3 times a week and not having sex till recently.

Everything was going great. Even booked a trip for us to go on out of the state. Then the worst thing happened, my ex who had an old phone of mine ended up going through the texts and found certain conversations between my cousin (guy) and I about my current girlfriend. Though they were not bad my ex seemingly deleted portions of each text (on an iPhone) to make it seem like I had sex with her while I was exclusive in the beginning stages with my now girlfriend.

A little confusing I know. Now I guess my ex and current girlfriend had a conversation about a week ago about everything and my ex is telling her we had unprotected sex (even though we never did) while I was exclusive with my girlfriend. And telling her "I hope I'm not pregnant". CRAZY I KNOW. So my girlfriend ended up bringing me over Friday night just absolutely blowing up on me and shaking out of anger...

She ended up reading so called illegitimate conversations between my cousin and I saying how I had unprotected sex with my ex even though that was my cousin being stupid and joking around with me. So I left the house pretty freaking butt hurt that I had just been subject to defamation by my ex girlfriend.

So I decided to load an old iPhone back-up onto my phone that contained the new conversations. And LOW AND BEHOLD my ex had deleted portions out of the text conversation to make up a WHOLE NEW FAKE conversation and she took screen shots and sent it to my girlfriend.

So currently, I have fought so hard to prove to her that this wasn't true. I have showed the real text message conversation. And she is having a hard time believing me because of all the junk I'm sure my ex told her.

My current girlfriend came over yesterday and saw all the proof I wanted to show her and we went to lunch and she I could tell was half-way thinking about the lunch and half-way thinking about all this crap. Although she was just texting her friend and so on....Sending her friend what I showed her. Obviously she has somewhat of trust issues and I brought them out. She is looping through all of this crap in her head over and over.

We had the best relationship up until a week ago when this happened.

She said this situation has been one the most stressful times in her life. Then she said she needs space and to be left alone.

I don't mind that, but obviously its hard. I replied with: "Please, take as much time as you need. I think we both need space from this situation. Have a good Thanksgiving."

That was today. I don't know what to think and am furious over the fact my ex did this to me. Also pretty upset with everything as it is. I've asked her where we stand and she just says she needs space and to leave her alone for a while.

Advice, or tips? I know not to talk to her when she asks that but maybe anything else?

Sorry for the length,

Thanks

Edited by Cerebral