Pregnant with EX boyfriend's baby!

Hi guys, the original post with my crazy breakup story is here: http://www.loveshack.org/forums/breaking-up-reconciliation-coping/breaks-breaking-up/503055-3-weeks-after-breakup-time-move

Maybe you guys would want to read that for a backstory... Since then, I've found out I was pregnant with his baby a couple of days ago but he's made it very clear that he still doesn't want to be with me... I know for sure that I can't do it on my own, especially because my parents can't find out (not yet anyway) and the fact that we talked about having our own kids makes this even harder.

When we HAVE spoken, I'll be honest we've gotten into arguments as all I want to do is to start fresh but he says the reason he can't be with me is because he doesn't want to feel forced/pressured into doing anything (as that was why he broke up with me in the first place). It's just hard as all this pressure has come up since I found out I'm pregnant and he said a lot of mean and hurtful things to me when I told him so I lashed out. He told me I hadn't changed. I really want to prove that I am different and we can make it work, especially because we were already at the point in our relationship where if it happened, it wouldn't be ideal but it wouldn't be the end of the world. I just want him back and to sort all of this out and to have a partner in all of this. Any insight or advice?

Having a baby is the worst reason to try to force somebody to get back together with you. Such a relationship will be filled with resentment which won't help anybody.

You sound alone, so I think you should tell your parents. Then you need to sit down & make some hard decisions. You do have choices.

You can:

1. Have the baby & raise the child yourself. You will be entitled to child support from the father but he will be entitled to visitation & possibly joint custody. You will be tied together for the rest of the child's life unless he relinquishes his parental rights.

2. You can have the baby & give it up for adoption. Both you & the father have to relinquish your parental rights. As a woman who was unable to have a baby herself, I urge you to consider giving another family the greatest gift in the world.

3. You can terminate your pregnancy.

All of the above are valid options. However, using this baby to try to get your EX back is not advisable.

• Like 2