Holidaze

So who's currently in no contact and is hoping their ex contacts them to wish a Happy Thanksgiving? I sure do, but there's about a 10% chance that will happen!

• Like 1
  • Author
Probably closer to 0% but what do I know. Who cares anyways hang out with friends and family and enjoy yourself.

No family where I live. Hanging out with a guy I recently started seeing tomorrow. Here's hoping I can keep my mind focused on him.

No friends you can hang out with? Is this guy a mutual friend? Probably not a good thing if he has any feelings for you. You're just going to hurt him

• Author
No friends you can hang out with? Is this guy a mutual friend? Probably not a good thing if he has any feelings for you. You're just going to hurt him

Maybe. Maybe not. It's better not to get attached too quickly anyway.

• Author
It's definitely not fair to him with you hoping for your ex to contact you as you already have admitted

Life isn't always fair.

• Author
It's definitely not fair to him with you hoping for your ex to contact you as you already have admitted

I have no future with my ex except a fwb situation anyway.

I (anxiously) waited and heard nothing. So...stupid me...sent a text wishing a Happy Thanksgiving. No response.

This is the first one in 6 years so what the f*** anyone expect of me.

I actually didn't expect a response. I felt torn for not doing it which is why I finally did and I feel a little bit better that I actually got it out, regardless of a response.

tryingtodealwithit

i wasn't expecting it, but i got it. we haven't communicated in about a month. been broken up going on 7 months. our contact has been extremely limited the entire 7 months and my ex has only initiated contact with me a couple of times. and all of those times were so she could be mean and condescending. this is the first nice communication i've ever received.

i didn't respond. i can't. it's just over for me. and it sucks because i still love her, but i can't get pulled back in. i have no idea whether she is regretting things (i wouldn't be surprised) or if this is just breadcrumbs. she hasn't played games with me at all since leaving, so i'd be surprised if she wanted to start now though. either way, it doesn't matter. i need to stay away.

i knew this would happen though. i'm going to move on and be happy and she's going to regret things and want to come back. i tried to reconcile with her after a couple months of being apart and she insisted she just couldn't do it. her loss now.

• Like 1

I didn't get a text but I wasn't expecting to. One thing that always bothers me is wondering if I'll ever hear from her again. Whether we're meant to be together or not, it doesn't change the fact that she was someone brought into my life that had a positive impact on me, even if it was only for a few months. I don't like the thought of it being the end of our story. But I've always been a person of peace and love so I'm sure others have a different opinion.

• Like 2

I haven't visited this site in probably a month, month and half. Leave it to the holidays to resurface these emotions. I miss her a lot today and wished she was back in my life, but I will not contact and she hasn't said a word since we finalized our apartment lease. Definitely way more highs than lows lately (even dated a few girls) but today is the lowest I have been in a long time.

I haven't visited this site in probably a month, month and half. Leave it to the holidays to resurface these emotions. I miss her a lot today and wished she was back in my life, but I will not contact and she hasn't said a word since we finalized our apartment lease. Definitely way more highs than lows lately (even dated a few girls) but today is the lowest I have been in a long time.

Feel better champ. The holidays tend to do this to those who are single. It isn't her, it's the loneliness you feel right now.

I don't celebrate Thanksgiving, but I know my ex does. I won't send her a message though, since I feel she's probably doing her best to retain no contact and wants to enjoy the time with her family.

I might send her a text sometime after Christmas or New Years that encompasses everything, that will hopefully have been enough time that it won't cause us to get upset.