I need support.

Ok, I will try to make this short and sum up as much as possible.

Two years I met this good looking guy right after my divorce. Everyone warned me about him but I just wanted to have fun.

He became incredibly abusive verbal and physically over time, I had been trying to break it off since December but my self esteem was so low et I was so broken I would let him back time and time again. Plus I had feeling for him and the sex was great.

I finally told my family what had happened et they supported me/forced me to get a restraining order. That was two weeks ago.

I feel like crap emotionally, my heart hurts, Im lonely et beaten down. He moved in with a good looking girl up the street from me.

why do I feel so badly?

I'm so sorry. I promise I can relate. You feel badly because you were treated badly. He's the new girl's problem now. It's a shame that other girl has no idea what she's about to go through with your ex. Maybe she's already going through it.

Good thing you got a restraining order. Have you considered counseling?

• Like 1

Aw! You feel badly because it seems like you were so easily replaced :(

To be honest, you should feel grateful, you don't need that. I'm sure you're lovely and someone amazing will come along for you ( they always do)

Sounds like you could use some self love right now.

I'm taking it easy, staying off the drink, going to go out for a walk, probably get a second job to keep busy and buy myself another vacation.

Good luck xoxo

If you want to talk, send a message anytime, misery loves company right?:p

• Author

I just hate this feeling and I feel like I should've done something sooner....should have called the police several times and didn't. I just feel weak.

ForbiddenFruit

You feel bad about this because that is how he wants you to feel. It's called the cycle of violence. I've been in your shoes, and I can tell you that if you continue on with this relationship or even TRY to he will suck the life out of you. and he will steal all your happiness.

You are making the right choice, and just because he moved in with another girl doesn't mean that he isn't going to abuse her as well. If I were you, I would be grateful that it isn't me he is abusing anymore.

Once this is all over you will feel free and happy again, it will feel like weights being lifted off your shoulders.

Best of luck to you, stay strong.

• Like 1
I just hate this feeling and I feel like I should've done something sooner....should have called the police several times and didn't. I just feel weak.

I felt the same way. Do your best to not regret. It's a waste of time because we can't change the past so we just torture ourselves wishing we did things differently than we did. I was easily replaced too. On more than one occasion with the same guy. I felt so weak and pathetic. I never allowed a guy to treat me badly like that. Abuse? I don't think so! I went through enough abuse as a kid.

But I was with someone who was abusive and stayed with him. Anytime I tried to leave him he'd break down and cry, begging me not to leave him. Those were prime opportunities I had that I didn't take. He cheated, he lied, he hid so much from me. I don't even want to know what or how much I don't know about.

I also felt the same way in an abusive relationship, if you take care of yourself, the sunlight will come. They just have a way of making you feel like nothing, which is the point, so they can control you and act as horrible as they want.

He'll abuse every person he's with, I feel sorry for the new girl.

Keep your head up! And f$&k him <3

You feel badly because you suffered a loss form someone you were attached to. Perfectly normal, although I know it's hard. Treat yourself well now, you deserve it. Although you may want to find another rebound relationship now, it may be best to hold off until you feel completely healthy both mentally and physically. This way, you will make better decisions when it comes time to choose your partner. Unless of course you have a history picking men like this, is that the case?