We broke up: now he keeps texting and begging for me to take him back?

I broke up with my boyfriend almost 2 weeks ago now. I still care about him but some things just annoyed the hell out of me and I could't deal with them anymore.

He has been non-stop text messaging me or facebook messaging me to get back together. He knows I still have feelings for him and is using that to his advantage. He keeps saying he'll change and he wants to make me happy, etc. I made the mistake of telling him I needed a month (Christmas break) to sort things through and I'd meet with him MAYBE when I return from the break, and we could try to be friends.

Now he just thinks we'll be getting back together because he loves me and I care for him. It's exhausting having to be mean and tell him flat out that I don't want to be in a relationship (told him several times now) but he JUST. INS'T. GETTING. IT.

It's rather pathetic that he keeps texting me all the time. He sends me random messages thinking we can have a normal friendly conversation, or he likes all my facebook/instgram photos and calls me beautiful, etc. What should I do?

Lol well that sounds like what I did with my ex. Tell him straight up "It's over" You do not want to be with him. Tell him this is the last message he will get from you and that you will not reply to him. That would of worked for me but my ex did the same thing to me. She gave me false hope telling me we could be friends. Then she ****ed me, cuddled me, kissed me. Then she cut me off. Made me absolutely crazy. I texted her, emailed her constantly. Now I've finally realized what an idiot I was and she had been playing me. You cannot be friends with an ex until BOTH of your feelings are gone. Could take years, maybe never. Send him one final message telling him you will not get back together, you cannot be friends its over. Then block him on social media and ignore him. Do him and you a favour

Simon Phoenix

Be direct. Tell him flat out that it's over and then block him. And for dumpees that want to contact their dumper, this is exhibit A on why you shouldn't.

• Like 1
I broke up with my boyfriend almost 2 weeks ago now. I still care about him but some things just annoyed the hell out of me and I could't deal with them anymore.

He has been non-stop text messaging me or facebook messaging me to get back together. He knows I still have feelings for him and is using that to his advantage. He keeps saying he'll change and he wants to make me happy, etc. I made the mistake of telling him I needed a month (Christmas break) to sort things through and I'd meet with him MAYBE when I return from the break, and we could try to be friends.

Now he just thinks we'll be getting back together because he loves me and I care for him. It's exhausting having to be mean and tell him flat out that I don't want to be in a relationship (told him several times now) but he JUST. INS'T. GETTING. IT.

It's rather pathetic that he keeps texting me all the time. He sends me random messages thinking we can have a normal friendly conversation, or he likes all my facebook/instgram photos and calls me beautiful, etc. What should I do?

If you have no intention of ever getting back with him then just tell him, it is very cruel otherwise. He may not be happy, but he can deal with that. Keeping him dangling on a thread of hope, is not fair.

• Like 1

Ladies and gentlemen, and this is the perfect example of why once you are told it is over, you immediately stand up and leave. Whether it is for good or not, who knows. But you will f##k up any slight chance you might have if you don't go away.

• Like 1
Ladies and gentlemen, and this is the perfect example of why once you are told it is over, you immediately stand up and leave. Whether it is for good or not, who knows. But you will f##k up any slight chance you might have if you don't go away.

Exactly this is the reason no contact works. Begging crying stalking gets this response or a restraining order. Walking away leaves them bemused sometimes

• Like 1

Speaking from personal experience, if you dont cut him off now it will turn out bad. It took me 2 years to get rid of mine all because i cared about him and couldnt stand hurting him. I was so worried and concerned about hurting him and his feelings that it never really allowed not only myself but him to grieve and move on. He kept holding on to hope because he knew i would always answer him or reply.

It will be hard but you need to let him know your going to be blocking him and that its for both of you that this is what you want and if later in life its meant to be then it will be. Block his number and fb etc

Hope that helps

• Author
Speaking from personal experience, if you dont cut him off now it will turn out bad. It took me 2 years to get rid of mine all because i cared about him and couldnt stand hurting him. I was so worried and concerned about hurting him and his feelings that it never really allowed not only myself but him to grieve and move on. He kept holding on to hope because he knew i would always answer him or reply.

It will be hard but you need to let him know your going to be blocking him and that its for both of you that this is what you want and if later in life its meant to be then it will be. Block his number and fb etc

Hope that helps

This was so helpful, so thank you. This is literally me right now. I hate that I'm hurting him and everytime he texts or emails me, I respond even though I know I shouldn't. I ended up blocking his number and muted (can't block him because I do want to be friends) on facebook. We'll see how this goes!