Ex girlfriend dumped me, met a new girl and ex girlfriend wants me back

Well I had a relationship with my ex girlfriend for 5 years, the last year I moved to another city and it became long distance relationship. On april she broke up with me because she wanted to live things on her own because I was planing on proposing to her this summer. So she ended the relationship and told me that we couldn't talk to each other anymore. After a couple of months I meet a girl and started going out with her because I was feeling very sad, and trying to move on with my life. Now it's been 4 months with the girl and I am starting to feel very strong things for her, she is really nice girl. But the problem is that recently my ex girlfriend contacted me again and told me she was very sorry that she wants to be with me again, that she shouldn't had decided on being on her own. This really moved me because I still have very strong feelings for her but also with the new girl and I really feel confused. Some days I want to get back together with my ex and some days I feel really good with the new girl... any advices?? I feel like i'm stuck in the middle and don't know what to do!!!

EmbeddedCortex

This is a hard one to answer. You need to think carefully about your feelings.

You don't have any obligation to go back to your Ex. However, if you still love her and this new girl is simply a 'rebound', you might end up hurting the new girl anyway.

Also, you have to share WHY you and your ex broke up. Is it something that is fixed now?

ConfusedHumanBeing
Well I had a relationship wyout ex girlfriend for 5 years, the last year I moved to another city and it became long distance relationship. On april she broke up with me because she wanted to live things on her own because I was planing on proposing to her this summer. So she ended the relationship and told me that we couldn't talk to each other anymore. After a couple of months I meet a girl and started going out with her because I was feeling very sad, and trying to move on with my life. Now it's been 4 months with the girl and I am starting to feel very strong things for her, she is really nice girl. But the problem is that recently my ex girlfriend contacted me again and told me she was very sorry that she wants to be with me again, that she shouldn't had decided on being on her own. This really moved me because I still have very strong feelings for her but also with the new girl and I really feel confused. Some days I want to get back together with my ex and some days I feel really good with the new girl... any advices?? I feel like i'm stuck in the middle and don't know what to do!!!

She only wants what she cant have. Once she "gets you back" , she will go right back to what it was.

Stay with current GF....100 percent

• Like 2

Like others have said she only wants you back because you have started to move on and she sees that. She will go back to her old ways if you decide to get back with her, most likely she will leave you again. I think you should give your new relationship a shot and not contact your ex. She broke up with you for a reason, what makes you think she will not do it again if you got back with her.

• Like 1