Ex texted me this a few days after dumping

Ex was dumper. Dumped me on Sunday night

She texted me this morning:

"I heard you were going to the Mary's Halloween party tonight, that's great, you are going to have tons of fun :)"

Should I ignore or say "Thanks."

• Author
She just wants to wash her hands, ignore.

What's wrong with just saying Thanks. Doesn't ignoring it altogether make me look bitter?

• Like 1
What's wrong with just saying Thanks. Doesn't ignoring it altogether make me look bitter?

We told you what was wrong...

Why even come here and ask us if you are going to go against the advice?

Think about it. Its been a week. Shes realizing shes starting to miss you. Giving her the satisfaction of texting her back, showing her you are interested enough to respond, gives her an ego boost.

I dont know what happened between you two. But if you want to give her another chance, wait until she says she misses you and wants you back. If you feel you should give her another chance.

• Author
We told you what was wrong...

Why even come here and ask us if you are going to go against the advice?

I understand that you told me it is wrong. I want to know WHY it is wrong.

Your kidding right...

SHE DUMPED YOU!!!

She wants to send you a friendly message to alleviate her guilt of dumping you.

You're gonna help her with that?

• Like 2
Simon Phoenix

First of all, she didn't even ask you a question that would necessitate a response. Second of all, all you are doing by responding is telling her that you are a mindless sap that is still on the hook clamoring for her, which plays into the third reason why you shouldn't, because it suggests you have little self-respect and dignity and are grasping at any crumbs she'll give out to try to hang on to something that she broke.

But go ahead, answer a text that wasn't even asking for an answer from a person who decided they'd be better off doing something else than being in a romantic relationship with you. That's a great plan.

• Like 1

riokid180, you know I detest playing games, but the most horrible thing you can get is pity of someone who does not really mean it. There is only one answer to that: silence.

"Who is this?"

Wouldn't that be priceless but I personally agree with the others. Ignore is the way to go. NC helps you move on and get your head clear. Often people stay in a relation just because it was comfortable. A clean break helps clear that up and allows you to move on.

Clay

I want to know WHY it is wrong.

It's "wrong" to text her thanks for her good wishes because she doesn't really mean them. She said it not because she is happy that you are going out because going out is good for you. She said it because she thinks the fact that you are going out so soon after the break up absolves her from any responsibility for hurting you.

Her message wasn't about you. It was about her.

Why do you have to thank her for doing something nice for herself?

Ignoring her is the ONLY WAY to send the message that she is irrelevant to you now.

• Author

Ok thanks for all the responses. I was attempted to say Thanks but I agree with everyone that seemingly innocuous one word text is a terrible idea.

Simon Phoenix
Ok thanks for all the responses. I was attempted to say Thanks but I agree with everyone that seemingly innocuous one word text is a terrible idea.

Any text of any amount of words is a terrible idea.

She is pittying you and relieving herself of guilt all at once

like you're some poor little pitiful thing who needs to go on a playdate

I wouldn't thank someone for pity, that is insulting.