So the cheater didn't cheat?

We broke up 1 year and 5 months ago. I am well over it. I dumped him the minute he admitted to cheating. He had confided in a mutual friend that he cheated and eventually he, and the mutual friend, told me. So, immediate breakup. I heard from him via text for the first time 2 months ago and deleted the text. I also got a call, which i didn't answer. Fast forward to this week (2 months since his first contact again) and I get two calls, which I didn't answer, and this morning, a very long email..... telling me, basically, that he wants to be friends again and that he never cheated.

He is basically retracting his "I cheated" and telling me it was a false story so that I would dump him and he could leave the relationship. I will never respond to any of his outreaches, but I wish this person would leave me alone. I suffered for months because he cheated and now he tells me that was all a lie???!!! WTF? Why do people play games like this. This guy is 50 (much older than me). It is amazing that men are still playing games at that age.

Urgh.