What is she implying????

Cliff: ex gf breaks it off with me almost 2 month ago. Before yesterday we talked once in a while and thru text. We been together for almost 4 years. She currently has a new bf like a day after we broke it off. She wants to get back together but she is afraid that I might hurt her again and the trust is lost between her and I. She is confused and I told her that there is no hard feeling between us but we should stop talking and texting to each other 2 days ago. Now she text me a quote. What does this quote mean????

"Nothing protects the heart like patience. Don't get your hopes up too fast. Don't let your fears speak too loud. Don't give your doubts too much time. Not everyone is built to handle the tough times. Can't be surprised when you fall off with certain people. Few people understand what it really means to be there for somebody. And that's the roughest part of the journey, you realize that the main ones that said they'll ride are the first to fall off. People make promises when the sun is shining and excuses when the storm comes. That's why I'm always thankful for the rain... It washes away the unnecessary.

The reality is, you could be amazing, genuine and sincere, and still be overlooked. But honestly, people don't want something real anymore, they want reasons to complain and excuses to avoid. Having a good thing is so hard because meeting a strong person is so rare. So, I've learned to respect when people run from me, I realize my kind of love isn't for everyone. And I'm at peace with that."

• Like 1

Who cares what the quote means? I didn't even read it.

You told her that you wanted NC so now you have to put your money where your mouth is. Delete her text, don't reply to it. That is what NC means.

• Like 11

A day after you end it, she has a new boyfriend. Likely she was cheating on you. With that fact you keep entertaining her and playing these silly passive games? I didn't even read the quote.

You asked for NC. Delete the text and move on.

• Like 7
SoThatHappened
A day after you end it, she has a new boyfriend. Likely she was cheating on you.

Not likely cheating. Guaranteed she was cheating.

Imagine while you were with her, she was fooling around with someone behind your back.

That will give you the resolve needed to say F her and not respond. Worked wonders for me.

• Like 3

Yeah, she was cheating on you. Who the hell has a new boyfriend LESS than 24 hours after ending it with you?

You state that she said she doesn't want to get "hurt by you again" WHAT THE HELL IS THIS BOYFRIEND LESS THAN 24 HOURS?!?!? That's not hurtful? That's not deceitful? That's no infidelity? That's not heartbreaking?

This chick has got her head up her ass!

Time to move on dude. What does the quote mean? It's something she found that she thinks justifies her behavior. Trying to ease her guilt. Ignore it, it wasn't about you. It was about her.

• Like 7

It's a nice quote.

But if she doesn't respect your relationship enough like getting a new bf within a day, then, that quote is probably how she describes YOU.

So enjoy the storm, man, it will wash away the unnecessary. Like your ex.

• Author

Well I don't know when they were official. It might haven been 1 week later.

But I just want to know what that quote is about? Is she saying don't give up on me now because I have strong feeling for u? She was tearing up after I told her we shouldn't be talking everyday and just stop contacting each other.

SoThatHappened

As far as the real meaning of the quote, I don't know.

My translation of it:

"I'm sending you meaningless BS in order to keep you on the back-burner in case this new guy doesn't work out."

I've been there. Don't be anyone's "Plan B."

Block everything possible and cut her out of your life.

She cheated on you. Find someone who won't.

• Like 5

But I just want to know what that quote is about? Is she saying don't give up on me now because I have strong feeling for u? She was tearing up after I told her we shouldn't be talking everyday and just stop contacting each other.

And what? That's supposed to make it better somehow? Dude, no girl is going to jump into a relationship THAT QUICKLY without something being there to begin with.

Don't give up on me now? Because I still have strong feelings for you? And what exactly are you supposed to do with that. Sit at home on a Saturday night waiting by the phone because she filled you up with a sense of false hope? Then, when it gets to late you can find solace in a bottle while at that very moment she's in bed with this other dude?

You're supposed to "hang in there" for that?!?!?! Screw that dude!!! Bottomline, she made the choice to have you out of her life. So, be gone. You don't owe her anything! Do you honestly think that she's thinking about you right now? NOPE! She's thinking about her date tonight.

Dude, you're sad right now. And you have every right to feel that way. But; for me, I'm angry for you and what she did. I hoping to jump start the anger phase for you and wake you up to what's happening.

• Like 5

such burning hatred. haha

look OP, do what you feel you need to do. We all learned our lessons the hard way. Maybe you should learn it the hard way too for you to realize that the quote really meant nothing.

It's a quote from rob hill by the way.

Simon Phoenix

"I'm going to give you an intentionally confusing quote so instead of being pissed at me like you should be, you are going to waste time clinging to hope and you won't end up being pissed at me because you are going to delude yourself into thinking you have a chance to win me back when in reality I've been cheating on you and have little respect for you."

• Like 7

The fact is that she was cheating on you. When they made it official doesn't matter.

Yes, and while she said all that and with tears in her eyes, come this weekend she is going to be sleeping with him, kissing him, loving him -- sending you passive mind-f*** messages is her way of having two guys at her feet while she decides what she fancies.

And OP, women like her love men like you. Men that stick around and lap it all up while adoring her.

If she was that sad at the fact of ending contact with you, it should have been enough for her to never let you go. But through tears and all, she let you walk.

• Like 1
  • Author

Thanks for the responses!

Part of me is saying to just let go but another part of me is saying i will regret this for the rest of my life if I don't chase her back. Yes I know she cheated on me but during our 4 years I put her through a lot and I never treated her like I should have.

Now I'm so confused because I have veryyyy strong feelings for her and it's hard to let go. I haven't talked to her the last two days but I am assuming she probably misses me too

whatdoido123,

There is no excuse for cheating. She chose to do that all on her own.

Blah I'm at home bored and am worried what my ex gf is up to

Many of us have been there, I'm afraid, and it sucks.

She has chosen not to be with you, so you need to move on. Grow a backbone. Block her and go NC. Don't let her play with your head and heart any more.

Good luck

• Author

I am in denial. I know that and I really want her back. Will NC maybe help her miss me??????? I am confused

• Author

I texted her this: that I'm not perfect, I say stupid things to piss her off but at the end of the day no one will love or care more about her than me

She text this back : Ya but u feel n think this way cuz I'm gone if I came back to u give it a few months to few yrs u will be the same all over again . Morning btw

I don't think I will reply back because I don't know what to say. Any ideas?

ex gf breaks it off with me almost 2 month ago.

She currently has a new bf like a day after we broke it off.

she is afraid that I might hurt her again and the trust is lost between her and I.

This is all of the information you need to make any kind of decision. She breaks up with you, and then says that you are going to hurt her.

The logic?

• Author

I did some pretty horrible things. I had a gambling problem and I stole money. I kicked her out of my place a few times. We argued a lot and the 4 years we were together I can say 2 of those years were perfect. The last two years just kept going down hill and she lost trust in me this year and it was horrible

What I know about love and desire, if someone loves you, they say "I want to be with you". They don't send you cryptic quotes about a "maybe" or whatever this gibberish means.

Okay, so you weren't boyfriend of the year! She still chose to cheat on you. That wasn't your fault, that was her choice.

But, here's the rub. You realize your mistakes and that's good. You can make those changes on what not to do in your next relationship. So, you need to focus on you and fix yourself.

You need to let her go. The key to helping you out here is NC and KEEP BUSY!!!

• Author
Okay, so you weren't boyfriend of the year! She still chose to cheat on you. That wasn't your fault, that was her choice.

But, here's the rub. You realize your mistakes and that's good. You can make those changes on what not to do in your next relationship. So, you need to focus on you and fix yourself.

You need to let her go. The key to helping you out here is NC and KEEP BUSY!!!

Yeah I know I really try to it's just really difficult.

I texted her saying I'm not going to chase u anymore. You know the feeling is still there but it's pointless if u don't want it to work out.

2 hours later she text me and ask me if I was free tmrow and hangout and grab dinner. I wrote back and said "is this a date u are asking?"

Then she says "no" "not a date" " I just want to hang out and talk"

I said "sure thing"

So now I am confused why she wants to hang out and talk tmrow