Ex's birthday coming up soon

Haven't had a any contact in about three weeks... Do I just ignore it and let it pass? The truth is I would want to use a happy birthday text as an opener to us talking again, but I am pretty sure she would just ignore it altogether.

Fix,

Do I just ignore it and let it pass?

Yes

The truth is I would want to use a happy birthday text as an opener to us talking again,

All the more reason not to do it.

but I am pretty sure she would just ignore it altogether.

So you would get your feelings hurt again? What would be the point?

I think you really know that this is a bad idea....:rolleyes:

She's your ex - so keep it that way, and move on.

Good luck

• Like 1
  • Author

The problem is I want her back or at least to try again. I feel like I have changed a lot since we broke up and that she would want to try again if she spent some time with me. I'm more confident than ever, mainly due to being single for the first time in a few years so I'v been pushing myself out of my comfort zone with girls. I'v been on dates and been around women a lot and generally become more socially confident. I'm also more comfortable with the idea of not getting overly attached in a relationship, I feel like I have a better understanding of how to make things work... I just feel like I have no way of getting her to start talking to me/agree to seeing me.

If what I want is to try again is my only option to wait it out until she contacts me and then go from there? What if she never contacts me(And I doubt she will)?

I'll add that with these other girls I have met and been on dates with and whatever else I have felt no real spark with them. It's like I am disconnected, I keep myself detached and to be honest it seems as if the more I do this the more more I realise my ex is who I want. She has a lot of positive qualities which I miss and I have still not found myself more physically attracted to any other girl.

If I can't have her, and no one else is comparing to her for me, then what do I do?

You have no one else comparing to her RIGHT NOW and you are looking at your relationship with her through rose colored glasses. There is a reason you two have broken up.

And TRUST ME. You might have gained a million times the confidence you had before but as soon as you two get back together, the original dynamic between the two of you is going to happen again.

Keep dating. Ignore her. Ignore her birthday.

It's only been three weeks.

• Like 1