she broke up with me and expects me to talk to her? [Updated]

she said we need to stop dating becuase she needs to focus on shcool. she has two jobs and is in school full time and needs to be focused on graduating

she sent it to me at 3 am

i woke up to it and was shocked and upset

i didnt reply

eventually she texted me syaing "believe me it hurts me to"

i replied back "yeah :("

then around 3 pm she said its weird not hearing form you i replied back an hour ater.. "its been busy"--at work

then she texted syaing..."if you dont want to talk thats fine, i can deal with that. im just surprsed you didnt talk about this with me or anything"

i replied back" i was busy at work, i had my boss working with me, i cant just pull out my phone and start texting. i was waiting till i had free time to actually have a converstaion"

am i that bad by not texting?

seekingpeaceinlove

I remember getting dumped via text message on my b-day coming back from vacation years ago. I was blindsided and try to call him but he did not pick up till several hours and several attempts later.

Needless to say, I cut off all contact after we finally talked on the phone. After that day, he was dead to me.

The idiot came crawling back months later and it was incredibly satisfying to reject him. He attempted reconciliation again years later. No chance.

Your ex is looking for you to feed her ego. She wants you to grovel, cry, and beg for her back. Don't do it. You owe her nothing. She didn't even have the decency to break up with you in person or over the phone.

You know why she broke up, you know that she doesn't want to be with you. What else is there to say? Let her stew in her thoughts and go NC.

You two are no longer together...you owe her nothing.

• Like 4

Some people are under the delusion that you really can be friends with an EX

The manner she chose to convey her desire to end the relationship was rude. It's wasn't the most gracious for you to ignore her but you are the wronged party so do what feels right to you.

• Like 2
  • Author
Some people are under the delusion that you really can be friends with an EX

The manner she chose to convey her desire to end the relationship was rude. It's wasn't the most gracious for you to ignore her but you are the wronged party so do what feels right to you.

i didnt puposely ignore her. i was at work busy. i dont have a job i can just sit and text

i told her id like to have a face to face conversation not over text

• Like 1

Fine. Then you handled it beautifully. You can't control how rude she is or how she takes your mature offer.

• Like 1
  • Author
Fine. Then you handled it beautifully. You can't control how rude she is or how she takes your mature offer.

why do you think she said "its weird not hearing from me" and then syaing "im fine iwth not talking, just thought you would wnat to talk about it"

ThorntonMelon

Because she wants the drama to continue. She likes it when you pay attention to her. She just doesn't want responsibility or fidelity to you.

• Like 2

I remember years ago when i was dumped on VALENTINE's DAY via facebook chat after like 2 years together. I was soo frigging upset but like, I was speechless and didn't say anything accept "fine whatever."

Like you my ex also wanted me to grovel and beg and she asked me if "i was ok?" and if i "had anything to say?"

I simply replied it's fine. Now i think back, she didn't deserve anymore words from me.

• Like 2

Want to know why your response was so perfect? Because it looks like you don't care.

She's feeling real confused right now because you didn't crash and start begging for her back. You have played this perfectly.

Now every single message or phone call coming forward you ignore. You act like you don't care, like you can get any other girl in the world. You start NC and cut this girl out of your life...it was so selfish of her to do that. Now shes making it seem like she's the victim because you aren't responding...plz...she made her own bed now she has to sleep in it.

Don't make the mistake many of us had in the past and talk to her. She doesn't deserve that closure - silence is the only thing she deserves to get moving forward. Don't meet with her in person..trust me its pointless.

Also, I can see this girl wanting you back...and when she does, don't take her back unless she proves to you that she is serious and made a mistake. She needs to understand breaking up with someone isn't a joke. But you need to move on as if this is over forever..if you don't, she will "cut you off" herself.

Edited by lauri
  • Like 2

It's a game!

If you talk to her, you lose.

If you ignore her, you win.

If you cancel the face to face meeting, you get 50 bonus points.

If you text her it's reduction of 5 points for every word you text.

The goal of the game is to collect as many points as you can.

Good luck!

• Like 5

She dumped you, she wants to string you along, she wants to keep you in the loop, she wants to not feel guilty about it and she doesn't care if in the process she stomps all over your feelings.

So why are you talking to her like you owe her anything?

• Like 1

Just because she expects you to keep in touch doesn't mean you have to. And quite frankly, if you have a TV, that thing's just one example of better entertainment than reading her feigned interest and meaningless bull*****. Block her.

anyom else?

Yeah, but you're not going to like it. Step back and look at the evidence and not by what's she's telling you. She told you that she can't be in a relationship right now because she's too busy with school and need to focus on graduation.....blah...blah.... Okay, That's what she TOLD you. Now, let's look at her actions. You received that text AT 3 IN THE MORNING!!!! I speculate that she was out partying with her single friends and saw how much fun they're having dancing and grinding with all these guys, making out or even going home with random dudes and she has to be the "good girl" because she's in a relationship with you. Therefore, she came to the decision to dump you and free herself to experience these things.

It's a case of GIGS. So, why is she trying to talk to you? Because she knows the reason she gave you for dumping you is bullsh*t and she feels guilty about it. She knows she hurt you and wants to see where your head is at and to find out if you hate her for dumping you.

Here's the thing. She made the choice to have you out of her life. Once she made that choice for herself, she lost all the rights to know what's going on in your life or how you're feeling. You need to start a hard NC on her. AND YOU NEED TO BLOCK HER FROM FACEBOOK! Only a matter of time before she starts posting pics on her nights out and you don't need to see that crap (so much for focusing on her school work!).

Time to move on! Stop communicating with her.

"then she texted syaing..."if you dont want to talk thats fine, i can deal with that. im just surprsed you didnt talk about this with me or anything"

Sorry, I love that! You should have texted back, " Why? What's going to change talking about it?"

"then she texted syaing..."if you dont want to talk thats fine, i can deal with that. im just surprsed you didnt talk about this with me or anything"

Sorry, I love that! You should have texted back, " Why? What's going to change talking about it?"

Silence will torture her much more.

Full NC!