do ex girlfriends ever end up seeing the good?

If someone leaves you they are obviously upset about something...this I know. When we've spoken since (and its been a month) its never pretty. Seems all she is concerned with is the money I owe her. We were together 7 years, did a couple bad things to each other, have broken up and gotten back together multiple times. But it seems that when these break ups happen all I hear about is those negative things I've done years ago even though their was forgiveness supposedly, nothing positive. 95% of the time I was great to her, the reason for the break up is because I got lazy and gained some weight and stopped doing the things she wanted to do and having fun. Got in a funk for awhile.... my main question is, do women after they get over the anger of why they left do they question themselves and realize how good someone was to them and that they made mistakes that caused the bad too???

SoThatHappened
... my main question is, do women after they get over the anger of why they left do they question themselves and realize how good someone was to them and that they made mistakes that caused the bad too???

Yes. If they're a normally-functioning, rational human being.

Anyone that is able to look back at a relationship and breakup after the dust has settled will see that they also made mistakes.

Seven years is a long time. Plenty of time for both parties to screw up. Shoot, 1 month is plenty of time for both parties to screw up.

She will realize, if she hasn't already, that she did some bad things too. However, realization doesn't guarantee reconciliation.

• Author

Well Idk who she'd find to do better for her but ya I took her for granted as she did me...rational and normal are questionable lol but all I know is right now she says she's never coming back bit I've heard the same things before and I get told everything I've ever done wrong and I've heard that at the other break ups too so Idk what to expect really.its frustrating not knowing if its for real or not...guess it depends if she finds someone else

They don't decide that on balance the 95% good times outweighed the bad after they break up with you. Whatever that other 5% was is more important to them then the other good stuff.

The fact that your relationship was characterized by this make up break up cycle tells me that it was already fundamentally broken before she decided to end it for good this last time. You two are better off apart. Repay her the money you owe & then stay out of each other's lives.

Well Idk who she'd find to do better for her but ya I took her for granted as she did me...rational and normal are questionable lol but all I know is right now she says she's never coming back bit I've heard the same things before and I get told everything I've ever done wrong and I've heard that at the other break ups too so Idk what to expect really.its frustrating not knowing if its for real or not...guess it depends if she finds someone else

It makes no odds to me if I find someone else.

An ex is an ex for a reason.

Good or bad - whichever springs to mind. I chose to be their ex.