falling off the wagon :(

darlinginfrench

darlinginfrench

Im 19 days into my break up and seem to have taken a bit of a step back. I thought I was starting to feel better. I went out on Friday night and got lots of male attention - but I drank too much, ended up in tears and realised attention doesnt matter to me if its not from him :(

In that 19 days he's initiated one text just asking about my week. That was 11 days ago now. 7 days ago I texted him first and he asked if we could have a phone conversation, I said not yet, as it was early days and I was still getting used to the situation.

I havent heard from him since. I ended the relationship but only because his heart wasnt in it and he agreed he cared for me but didnt love me the way he should. We were together 6 months but I think he needed more time to get over his ex.

I honestly thought the space would make him miss me. I hate feeling like this.

Should I continue with no contact?

It's normal to feel confused. Feelings change so quickly, one minute you think you're fine and next you're completely weak.

Just remember that this is the process. Don't give in in a moment of weakness.

Remember why you broke up with him in the first place..you said so yourself, his heart wasn't in it..so why would you want to go back to that?

Good luck x

Yes, absolutely. Continue NC... and remember you start to heal when you dont know for how many days you haven't talked to him.

As you said he's not worth it because he wasn't over his ex.

I drank too much, ended up in tears and realised attention doesnt matter to me if its not from him :(

Been there just a couple of weeks ago. Someone I know, who knew about the break up, asked me with a worried face "How are you Bella?". That's all I needed to start crying. Oh god, embarrassing! But I'm a couple of weeks on now and that doesn't happen anymore.

I honestly thought the space would make him miss me. I hate feeling like this.

Should I continue with no contact?

It's so so normal to feel this way! And of course you hate feeling like this, but you need more time and more No Contact. Keep it up and you will be fine, promise. Take care!