What are the main reasons for Breaking up?

Hi, thank you for checking this thread...really need your input..been reading here alot for quite some months now, and finally decided to open an account wanting to hear your opinions.

What are the main reasons for breaking up with somebody (you LOVE)?

And is there a difference between male and female?

my list in random order:

[1] difference of opinions

[2] difference in beliefs (religion)

[3] couple couldn't agree where to live, who moves to who?

[4] one of the partner cheated

[5] not wanting kids, or not wanting enough kids

[6] family don't agree their relationship

[7] problems with finance

[8] not wanting sex enough

[9] difference in personality (introvert/extrovert)

[10] too similar (personality)

[11] not having same humour (serious/fun loving)

[12] clash of ego's, stuborness

[13] not able to compromise

[14] spend to much time with friends/girlfriends

[15] abuse

[16] she/he doesn't listen

[17] being too independant

[18] feeling caged in, need to breath and have more space

[19] you have another crush

[20] you were being to secretive

what other reasons made you break up with the one you loved? or what were the reasons your partner gave before they kicked you out?

If you don't mind, share your stories :D

Mine was distance. But there is obviously other factors that contributed to this happening but mainly it was because I wasn't around.

My ex was an alcoholic. I lasted 18 months of completely supporting him and could not do it any longer. I was the dumper but had a good reason. And yes I hurt as much as the dumpees because I love him. Substance abuse is a deal breaker for me now.

• Like 1
  • Author
Well, you listed the most common reasons.

Were you broken up with?

I broke up with my 1st girlfriend, when i was 17, she was all i wanted but i couldnt stand her flirting with other guys, so eventually i broke up with her. Is this jealousy or is it my ego that got hurt? Perhaps both at that time. The other reasons of my BU were a mixture of: 6, 12, 17, 19

You live and you learn, right?

I was "the dumper" a couple of times in my life. In the beginning it's all great, the passion is there. And after a while you start seeing the person in a different way, the passion fizzles (don't want sex anymore, no more physical attraction) and that's it. The end. That's what happened to me.

You fall in love. But that doesn't mean you will stay in love and love the person forever. Of course, in some cases it lasts, but it's not always the case...

• Like 1

It was a little more complicated. She was my everything. We started dating freshman year of college. She was way to flirty for my liking, loved attention from guys. I kinda moved on and broke up with her but she begged me to get back together with her.

We fought a lot, she was very introverted and I was very outgoing, she never really laughed or smiled that much. We didn't have the same sense of humor. By that time I had fallen out of love. We broke up...she was one of the most beautiful girls I've ever met and it was a shame it didn't work out.

No 4 - twice - (they cheated)

No 21 - once - he wasn't as invested in the relationship as I was, and I felt I had given him enough time to " come around".

It was a little more complicated. She was my everything. We started dating freshman year of college. She was way to flirty for my liking, loved attention from guys. I kinda moved on and broke up with her but she begged me to get back together with her.

We fought a lot, she was very introverted and I was very outgoing, she never really laughed or smiled that much. We didn't have the same sense of humor. By that time I had fallen out of love. We broke up...she was one of the most beautiful girls I've ever met and it was a shame it didn't work out.

From what you stated I'm wondering how you ever fell in love with her in the first place. When you say she is one of the most beautiful girls you've ever met are you talking about her looks or her as a person?