Why can't family members except

Why can't certain family members except the fact that you're just not feeling social after a break up. I know everyone says, " keep yourself busy, do things, even if you don't want to" well, I don't want to do that. I want to be alone, I want to sit around all day in my sweat clothes, I want to cry!! Only I know what is best for me, so why don't they just leave me alone to be one with my misery?! I know this isn't a forever thing, it's just temporary, and I know that when the we is right, and I feel like being social, I will!! There is no worse feeling then pretending to be happy!! I am not happy, and I prefer not being fake, so I'd rather be alone!! I wish they could just see this, and leave me be.

Honestly its because they care, you may not see it that way, obviously being in the emotional, physical and mental state that you are in, but they are reaching out. Trying to distract you, keep you preoccupied, try bring some renewed happiness into your life, trying to patch the void that has been left after the breakup, give you a shoulder to cry on, and a person to speak to. Trust me, being social helped me overcome what i needed to, and it also made me realise just how precious my family are.

But you need to spend some time, crying, mourning, grieving, however way you do it, but dont completely be absorbed by feeling low and down, ask yourself, is it fair to put yourself through what would eventually be seen as self torture, its what i did by the way.

Edited by Seeker12
  • Like 1