Dating after Breakup

Hi guys, I wasn't sure if this would be best on the dating forum or on here, but since more of my emotions are related to the breakup than the date, I thought it would go well here.

So tonight a guy I meet and have been partaking in a mutual sport with asked me out. The thought had certainly crossed my mind, he's attractive and seems to have a lot of qualities I want from a guy. I was taken a little off guard as I didn't expect he would ask so soon (after our initial meeting we spent a couple nights at the gym hanging out). Anyway, the thought of a date or dating someone brought up all these emotions I hadn't expected. I ended up bawling when I got home. All these feelings about being hurt by my ex and not feeling as though I have really moved on even though I wish I had by now (in short: BU almost 2 months ago, 5 month relationship, he disappeared and I haven't heard from him since, I later found out he had cheated).

Has anyone else had anything like this happen? I feel torn between feelings of wanting to move on and be in a new relationship and on the other side feeling like I want to be alone with myself for sometime after the hurt I experienced.

I don't know if I should go out on the date and try to start moving on. Do you start dating before you feel 100% positive with the hope that it speeds up the process? Or do you wait until you feel you've completely healed (which could take months more)?

Sweetescape910

Aw hi! I know how you feel. It's normal to feel like that after a break up. You have a sweet guy asking you out but your still hung up on your ex when you know you should get out there and move on. First, don't beat yourself up over this, because you're not the only one. In my opinion it doesn't seem like your ready for anything emotional just yet. But if you think this guy has potential, then hang out with him as a friend. Go to the mall or something. Build a foundation with him.you just have to be honest with yourself if you're ready to meet other people. But the fact it makes you cry about thinking of going on another date with someone else, id say hold back for now.

Much love, x

How do you know he's a sweet guy?, well anyway it is quite normal to feel such a way after a relationship, however it was barely that at only 5 months....if you aren't ready, then now is not the time.