This is tough...

Hi, all. Looking for some advice or motivating words through this time of grief.

I just got out of a 6 month relationship with a girl and am feeling very confused . I've always been a confident, independent guy who never settled for less or have been in a serious relationship due to being completely invested in my own pursuits in life. I'm 27 years old.

I met this girl and we instantly clicked and became best friends. From there, we started dating and jumped right into a relationship. Perhaps too fast. Anyway, to make a long story short, I broke up with her about two and a half weeks ago because we got to a point where we were fighting so often, I felt like a break was needed. After about a week, we talked on the phone again, and talked about what went wrong, what we would need to change, and that we both wanted to try again.

So that night, I decided to make a romantic gesture (She loves them). I bought her flowers and wrote a note. I drove to her house around 12am (We're both night owls) and saw another guy's truck parked at her house. Talk about devastating, right?

We talked the next day and she said she was really confused and was scared to take the chance of getting back together with me and getting hurt. We met back up, and I told her how much I loved her. She told me the same and we kissed. I gave her space, and her friends told me she was confused as well. Last Thursday she sent me a text saying she just wants to be friends.

So for the first time ever, I'm in this state of hurt and depression. It's hard for me to get out of bed or stay active, but I'm forcing myself to do so. I'm forcing myself to look at life with a positive perception and keep myself busy in my pursuits.

I guess my question is.. Is there a way to help overcome these feelings? Do you think there's another chance for us?

Thank you so much in advance :)

This just happened to me basically short relationship ended and I am devastated. It has happened before to me because I am older then you and might happen again, but it sucks when your in it. In my experience the only way past it is through it. Turn into the pain and see it as a feeling not as the feeling of what she has done or you have lost. Identify that the thoughts that go along with these feelings are usually not true. Who knows if it will work out maybe it will maybe it wont I dont know either I been a week nc. I can say I had a girl that I thought I loved and in chapter 4 of the relationship we broke up but there is like 27 chapters to this story so basically it was a long drawn out hard time of makeups and breakups. In reality we were just not right for eachother....

Welcome to the world of heartbreak. It sucks big time. But as everybody, you will get through it. If you read threads here on LS you will learn a lot (I did, I'm so grateful for this site). Try to accept the pain, but don't dwell on it. And then you will probably have to start the No Contact... (there's a guide here somewhere with the rules).

If there's a chance you guys will get back together? Who knows. Probably not. You had good reasons for breaking up in the first place, right? It happens that people get back together, but often it doesn't last. You just fall into the same routine...

Hang in there and read all there is here on LoveShack.