Ex sent me request on skype after 1 year of NC

crazybestie101

crazybestie101

EGO BOOST????

ONE year of NC , he sent me request on skype.

Not assuming anything.May be he just re added his contacts back. But one thing i am sure that i was blocked before and now i got his request , can see him in my list. Again no message though.

Anyways , i already had enough and dont plan to go back to that depressed life. I didnt tell anyone about it though , and wont do it. I still love this guy but so much has happened past year and i have grown to be someone very different. So idk.

Anyone with same experience?

organizedchaos

Maybe he got a new phone, installed Skype and accidentally added you during the "add friends from your contact list" step, or something like that.

I did that by accident on Twitter when setting up a new phone. Accidentally followed my ex. immediately unfollowed.

• Author
crazybestie101
Maybe he got a new phone, installed Skype and accidentally added you during the "add friends from your contact list" step, or something like that.

I did that by accident on Twitter when setting up a new phone. Accidentally followed my ex. immediately unfollowed.

Yeah true. That's possible. But i was blocked by him last year. Didn't see him in my list and now that i have accepted his request i see his status but i am invisible so he cant know. And yeah last month i blocked him from social media for forever. I thought may be he is just curious of how i have been and may be he still think that i am crazy about him so with this step i will message him and stuff. May he is looking for my attention..

• Author
crazybestie101
Probably just an administrative error.

Like how? He blocked me from everywhere except facebook. I feel like may be he is looking for my attention...

Yeah true. That's possible. But i was blocked by him last year. Didn't see him in my list and now that i have accepted his request i see his status but i am invisible so he cant know. And yeah last month i blocked him from social media for forever. I thought may be he is just curious of how i have been and may be he still think that i am crazy about him so with this step i will message him and stuff. May he is looking for my attention..

He probably has your number in his phone somewhere and Skype automatically added you. I think you are reading a bit too much into this.

• Like 1

The fact that you're analyzing something so small isn't a good sign for you. I'm not sure why you accepted the invite when you should have blocked him off. Seeing your reaction, be careful if contact is made and you hit that rough road again.

• Like 5
  • Author
crazybestie101
The fact that you're analyzing something so small isn't a good sign for you. I'm not sure why you accepted the invite when you should have blocked him off. Seeing your reaction, be careful if contact is made and you hit that rough road again.

Thanks Sahara. May be you are right, time will tell. Btw he also sent me invite in gtalk. Regardless , i am just gonna go on with life. I don't have strength to go through same pain and stress again. i wont let all this mess with my brain haha.

• Author
crazybestie101
He probably has your number in his phone somewhere and Skype automatically added you. I think you are reading a bit too much into this.

Thanks Simon. I was also thinking same but he also sent me invite on gmail chat. anyways i wont be looking into this too much..

Thanks Sahara. May be you are right, time will tell. Btw he also sent me invite in gtalk. Regardless , i am just gonna go on with life. I don't have strength to go through same pain and stress again. i wont let all this mess with my brain haha.

I'm glad that you aren't going to message him. I know there is a tendency to analyze these types of things, but you really have to be strong and stop yourself. It's a slippery slope and can lead you into a dark place. Keep moving forward.

• Like 2
  • Author
crazybestie101
Thanks Zahara. May be you are right, time will tell. Btw he also sent me invite in gtalk. Regardless , i am just gonna go on with life. I don't have strength to go through same pain and stress again. i wont let all this mess with my brain haha.

Sorry for wrong spelling of your name. I meant Zahara.

Thanks Simon. I was also thinking same but he also sent me invite on gmail chat. anyways i wont be looking into this too much..

I think that's for the best. The gchat invite suggests that he's possibly fishing because he's got nothing going and looking for either a) an ego boost or b) to fulfill some sort of curiousity about what you are up to. I say this because I have done this (not really realizing what I was doing before I came here). Either way, it's not worth your time. As soon as he gets an answer/ego boost he'll disappear as quickly as he reappeared. Heck, he'll probably disappear even if you never answer or acknowledge it.

• Like 2

Just a thought...was there any talk of being just friends? Maybe he feels he is now passed the recovery from the breakup and has moved on.

Delete him off your skype and then block him. There's no point in having him there. That one time you go visible and oops! he'll see you online, then what happens if he contacts you.

NC has been in place for a year, no point in opening that door again to any sort of contact, let alone friendship.

• Like 1
  • Author
crazybestie101
Just a thought...was there any talk of being just friends? Maybe he feels he is now passed the recovery from the breakup and has moved on.

He always wanted to stay friends but i couldn't resit my feelings. It was me who need to recover and move on. I think he moved on while ago.

• Author
crazybestie101
Delete him off your skype and then block him. There's no point in having him there. That one time you go visible and oops! he'll see you online, then what happens if he contacts you.

NC has been in place for a year, no point in opening that door again to any sort of contact, let alone friendship.

I agree. I don't want friendship from him. I was just reading our chats from last year and i got such bitter feeling. I got mad and hurt. Yep, never again!

Sorry for wrong spelling of your name. I meant Zahara.

Not a problem at all.

I'm glad to hear that you're going to ignore him. And yes, going back to your past threads can sometimes be an eye-opener for you when you've forgotten the reality of what was.

Keep moving forward and don't let that year of progress be all for naught. You don't need his friendship. You've been living life fine without him.

• Author
crazybestie101

Simon Phoenix , you were right!

He indeed disappeared. What an a**hole!

He send me request on two sites , waited 3 days and deleted himself and blocked me again. I think i can still see him on hang outs though.

But thank God i didn't message him, It would be complete disaster. Those 3 days were rough , even though i wasn't gonna message him i was still analyzing everything in my head. I could still feel pain and hurt i have been in last year. All this would bring nothing but immense pain in my life and i want to avoid it at any cost. Dumpers should definitely stop playing this games with dumpees.

Summerrose2013
He always wanted to stay friends but i couldn't resit my feelings. It was me who need to recover and move on. I think he moved on while ago.

The dumper ALWAYS wants to stay friends. They want to know that you are still 'an option' or a back up.

It helped me to make a list of all the crappy things my ex had done to me and every time I thought about him in a 'ahhh' sort of way, I read that list and remembered what a jerk he is. 5 months on I would not touch him with a bargepole. Why would I want someone who bailed on me at the first sign of trouble and couldn't be bothered to ever come and see me, make any effort at all, and who vanished when I was down on my knees in my time of most need (you make your own list here....). When I meet the man of my dreams he will stand by me, communicate, love and adore me and we will deal with our issues together.

I thought i was special when my ex said 'who knows what will happen one day ' - until I came on here and saw it's standard 'keep you hanging in case I change my mind' behaviour.

He is testing you to see if you are still hankering after him and unfortunately by accepting his requests, you have confirmed that you still are - he maintains his lack of respect for you, and now has satisfied his fleeting curiosity and will back off again. My ex - after I told him to leave me alone and I didnt want to be friends - drove many miles to leave a present on my doorstep. Obviously his way of initiating contact which stupidly I responded to. After a couple of text messages, he vanished completely again - he had scratched his itch and wandered back off to his own (me free) life again.

BLOCK DELETE as others have said.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
crazybestie101
The dumper ALWAYS wants to stay friends. They want to know that you are still 'an option' or a back up.

It helped me to make a list of all the crappy things my ex had done to me and every time I thought about him in a 'ahhh' sort of way, I read that list and remembered what a jerk he is. 5 months on I would not touch him with a bargepole. Why would I want someone who bailed on me at the first sign of trouble and couldn't be bothered to ever come and see me, make any effort at all, and who vanished when I was down on my knees in my time of most need (you make your own list here....). When I meet the man of my dreams he will stand by me, communicate, love and adore me and we will deal with our issues together.

I thought i was special when my ex said 'who knows what will happen one day ' - until I came on here and saw it's standard 'keep you hanging in case I change my mind' behaviour.

He is testing you to see if you are still hankering after him and unfortunately by accepting his requests, you have confirmed that you still are - he maintains his lack of respect for you, and now has satisfied his fleeting curiosity and will back off again. My ex - after I told him to leave me alone and I didnt want to be friends - drove many miles to leave a present on my doorstep. Obviously his way of initiating contact which stupidly I responded to. After a couple of text messages, he vanished completely again - he had scratched his itch and wandered back off to his own (me free) life again.

BLOCK DELETE as others have said.

Hey , yes i agree with you. Well , i added him but i never went on that site ever again. So it's like he is there but i haven't message him which confirms that i don't care if he is there or not. He very well knows that if i wanted him i would have messaged him same day he sent me request. I think by now he knows that i am no longer into him. Btw , i got few calls from unknown number , may be it was him who knows. Also , i have had some random people requesting me on instagram , may be one of them could be him. Who knows and who cares. I have so much do worry about in my life than him. He has became my last priority in my life!