My ex said he would never pick up my calls again but always does?

Me and my ex broke up 3 months ago and I was distraught.

He blocked my number from texting him and said he'd never pick up a call from me again and that he's going to change his number but he hasnt and when I call him although he knows its me he always picks up even if he's at work or busy.

He says he's adamant that we'll never get back together and that he never wants to see me or talk to me again but I cant seem to understand why when I call him he always picks up immediately talks to me and then tells me to stop ringing him.

I'm so confused

SoThatHappened

Why do you keep calling him?

You should be leaving him alone.

I don't understand why you're confused. He keeps telling you to stop calling him and says you will never get back together.

Again, leave him alone.

• Like 2

He's being polite and probably feels bad that you're exhibiting such desperation and doesn't know how to cut you off without coming off as a jerk.

He keeps telling you to stop ringing him because he most likely is hoping for you to just move on.

• Like 1
Its just hard because he broke up with me because I caught him hiding another girl from me

What? And you're chasing him after all that?

• Like 1
  • Author

I know its utterly stupid but although I know what he did was bad (he didnt physically have any contact with her) I just so desperately want him back because apart from him going behind my back everything else was perfect

Sometimes we'll have full conversations then he'll snap at me so thats why I am confused

Ok, I want to reach out and shake you. Wake up.

There is nothing to be confused about.

1) He broke up with you.

2) He was seeing another woman behind your back.

3) He doesn't want you contacting him.

You should not be talking to him. Where is your self-respect? It's non-existent.

I know its utterly stupid but although I know what he did was bad (he didnt physically have any contact with her) I just so desperately want him back because apart from him going behind my back everything else was perfect

No, it was not perfect if he was in contact with another woman behind your back. There is nothing perfect about a relationship that has no trust and loyalty. Stop romanticizing him.

• Author

I completely understand and I may self several times have said I just want someone to slap me.

But I never did anything wrong I was always loyal I did everything I could and I put up with a lot and its such a kick in the teeth that he broke up with me and is now treating me as if I slept with his whole entire group of friends or something when thats not the case at all

I completely understand and I may self several times have said I just want someone to slap me.

But I never did anything wrong I was always loyal I did everything I could and I put up with a lot and its such a kick in the teeth that he broke up with me and is now treating me as if I slept with his whole entire group of friends or something when thats not the case at all

You can be the best partner but that doesn't guarantee you the same in return.

Stop trying to make him love you, want you, like you, accept you -- let him go. Strict NC and move on and heal from this.

I just want someone to slap me.

Consider yourself slapped.

He cheated. He's got someone else. = HE IS NOT PERFECT.

Stop calling him.

He isnt with he girl in question and no he's not perfect he's an arsehole pretty much how you're coming across in your comment.

It doesn't matter if he is with the girl or not, he ended the relationship with you and he's an arsehole. Stop contacting and chasing him.

ConfusedHumanBeing
He isnt with he girl in question and no he's not perfect he's an arsehole pretty much how you're coming across in your comment.

This is why we can't have nice things

• Like 1
Simon Phoenix

So the OP is chasing a guy who broke up with her and was talking to other women behind her back? Sheesh. It's time for her to run some laps.

Okay, I get it your ego is bruised. You've never had a guy do this to you and you are probably wondering why someone would sneak behind your back, hurt you and end it with you after you've been nothing but a loyal / awesome girlfriend.

I want you to stop focusing on what you have done and tell us what has HE done for YOU? By the sounds of things, what he has really done is ended it with you out of embarrassment because you caught him cheating. He sounds like a real loser and a waste of time.

Stop chasing a guy who doesn't care about you...you're holding onto false hope that he wants you back by him answering. If anything, he's keeping you at bay so when he wants some action he knows he can turn to you to get it.

Have some more self respect and stop contacting this guy. You deserve to be with a man who doesn't do anything behind your back.

• Like 2

Apart from everything going on behind your back, things were perfect??

It wasn't perfect at all. It was a lie. He took you for a ride and made a fool of you. What you thought was "perfect" wasn't real. PLEASE MOVE ON.

You really need to stop calling him. We sometimes lose our dignity & self respect after a BU but there comes a time when we must go find it and now is the time you really need to get your dignity & self respect back.

This is why we can't have nice things

OP, you're one of the reasons why men want to turn into ***holes.

That, is why we can't have nice things.