I asked my ex to meet up.

She refused, replied with "Hey I don't know what that'll achieve really, it does feel strange messaging, so maybe we should bite the bullet and move on. Its probably best to remember the relationship for the good times"

Quick summary, she broke up with me around a month ago out of the blue a little bit, she sent me a text stating things that were wrong me, I basically agreed to all of it, because I wanted her back, and made out she was perfect... since then we have been texting occasionally, initiated by me, and then she rejected me around a week ago.

I have accepted the relationship is done, what is slightly festering in my mind is that I agreed I was in the wrong, and she was great etc etc... when I made a lot of sacrifices in the relationship and think she is an ungrateful cow for calling me out on a lot of stuff, after she broke up with me.

Will it help me to send a final text, similar to the one she sent me, listing where I think she was has been in the wrong, or just stay no contact. I just hate this idea, she thinks she is angel, and I was the bad guy, and I just rolled over and accepted it.

dont contact her - it will look bitter spiteful and worse, pathetic.

write down a letter of everything you want to say to her and store it, dont send it to her, dont initiate contact.

if she ever messages you with "hi how are you?" or other breadcrumb type messages THEN you can decide whether or not to tell her off, but dont initiate it cos it will look pathetic.

• Author
dont contact her - it will look bitter spiteful and worse, pathetic.

write down a letter of everything you want to say to her and store it, dont send it to her, dont initiate contact.

if she ever messages you with "hi how are you?" or other breadcrumb type messages THEN you can decide whether or not to tell her off, but dont initiate it cos it will look pathetic.

Yes I do agree, which is why I haven't sent anything back. I was at work when she replied, and I wrote out a response within 5 minutes, but I thought better not to send whilst I was emotional, given myself a week or so to digest it, and one day, I thought a nice goodbye was a good "final text" from me, and then others, my anger has took control.

It does grate on me that I turned into such a doormat post break up, but like you say, throwing the toys out my pram now won't achieve anything, but to validate her, and give her something to cry to her friends about.

I guess no contact it is.

Actually by the rest of your post that is completely false.

Yes I agree.

Remember how "final texts" are the final resting place of dumpees dignity.