How to get girlfriend back after misunderstanding

GarrusVakarian

Long story short, I have been seeing a girl for last 4 months. It was going brilliantly. She recently started a new job and she has been a bit stressed lately as old employer has been causing her trouble. I hadn't seen her for about a week as we had our own things going on one weekend. She invited me over and she was a bit stressed out and it was all a bit tense. To be honest I thought she was annoyed with me for some reason and I didn't want to push it.

Anyway, back to work Monday. Messaged her said hope she has a good day. I thought I would give her some space for a few days to crack on with job as she is on probation. If she wanted me she knew I was there for her. Anyway I didn't message her for a few days was distracted by other things going on.

I messaged her and she said she was waiting for me to text her as she thought I had the hump with her when I didn't whatsoever. Just wanted to give her some space to get on with what she needed to do. She text and said she didn't think things were working at the moment and she had to concentrate on job. But left the door open for the future.

Basically it seems she called it off over a misunderstanding. Think I gave her the impression I didn't care about her. Its my fault, but been doing a lot of thinking over the last two weeks and I want to try and get her back as it was going so well. Had minimal contact with her since then. Don't think either of us wanted any of this. We was due to go on holiday end of the month.

There is a lot of assuming going on here. Why could you not just ask her what she needed from you instead of jumping to conclusions? In return she is doing the same, afraid to get hurt probably and therefore calling it off before you can do the same.

If you can't communicate properly this will keep being an issue, even if you get back together.