Negativity

It's been a long time since I've been here. I had a really bad break up last year that left me super depressed. I did move on, and a couple of months ago I met the male version of myself. We spent a long time together and had the exclusive talk, yada yada yada. Well, last week he went to another state to visit some of his family. We texted a couple of days and he got back today, and tonight texted me that we should stop talking cause his feelings have changed.

Naturally I was pissed, so I called him and told him what a coward he was for ending things over the phone. He basically told me that he didn't miss me the whole time he was away, and he didn't want to be in a relationship like that. I also did the usual-asked what I did wrong and he kept saying it was nothing in particular, but he finally said that I was too negative and I needed to find Jesus....this really came out of nowhere.

Prior to this, we were going on at least three dates a week. Things were going well; he would at random times do affectionate things like kiss my hand, tell me he really likes me (randomly in the middle of a conversation), give me massages, kiss me on the cheek randomly, hug me and hold my hand in public. We had future plans, including going on a trip together.

And then all of a sudden his feelings have changed? I don't understand it...

Oh, and he hung up on me, bastard.

Why do people do this? String you along and then it's just so easy for them to end things. Why didn't he just fade out instead of texting? Is that his way of making himself feel better? I seriously don't understand!

• Author

Does anyone think that he'll remember the good times we've had (we haven't had any bad ones) and think he's made a mistake? I keep trying to think of bad things so I'll get over him, but I can only think of good things and I can't sleep.

I'm a bit concerned over the part when he told you you need to find 'Jesus'.

I'm not a religious person but I have no issues with people that believe, as long as they don't try and imprint their views onto me.

Are you a religious person?

Is this guy a nut job?

Other than that, chalk it up as a lesson learnt, not all relationships will last and in the grand scheme of things this wasn't a long relationship.

I get that it's thrown you a bit, this was your first semi-permanent relationship since your ex right?

Move on and think positive thoughts:)

Peace

• Author

Actually, this is the third relationship since I broke up with my ex of five years, which happened in May of 2013. The first break up (the one I was referring to) left me in a deep depression, I think because I just wasn't ready.

I'm more angry at this guy than anything. Who breaks up with someone via text? And he was completely cold and mean when I called him. It's like his trip made him do a complete 360. I just don't get it. I'm a nice person, and things really were going well.

As for religion, I'm not super religious. I go to church with my family from time to time, but I think he was a nut job. We went to church together a few times, and we had the "religious" talk on the second date. If it bothered him that much he should have ended it sooner instead of constantly telling me how much he liked me!