how long does it take to get over a bad break up

johnsonracer

no contact fr a month. was cheated on and she admitted she used me. was a year lng relationship

was fine at first but now it just sucks...almost want to break no contact but i know that wont help

how long will it take to get over

im keepin busy with work, friends but it still appears in my mind

It really depends. Mine was 4.5 years long, and I got over it in about a year. First few weeks were very hard, but later, it still hurt, but the pain became manageable. There are stages to feeling better (not very rigid though), and there's not much you can do to rush the process. For me, the beginning was the worst.

Fact is u mean dont really get over there but u will learn how to manage it meaning the love will still be there ( depending on how long you guys were together and why u guys broke up) .Take it day by day u will think about her , miss her, the memories of good time will even hit u , you may even imagine her without someone else , and it will suck because it will just come out of nowhere like a truck crashing into a car in your heart ,but there isnt nothing u can do all u day is better yourself, love yourself,accept that she is gone ( fate may lead you guys back together) but right now u must concentrate on you and better yourself it will be a ruff road anytime u wanna contact her just come on these forums and post it will help

How do i know?

My girlfriend dumped me for someone else and blamed me for everything i started no contact this week as i type this i have flashbacks of good time and her with someone else , but theirs nothing i can do except better myself who knows maybe in the future life or fate with bring ous back together( not a fact) just concentrate on u as i said and u will make it through

How long? For friggin' ever, almost. Keep looking forward, and think of something else when you look back. You are trainable, you just have to find something that helps you forget.

Betty White said that the best way to get over someone was to get under someone else. Not sure that's exactly right, but it is a nice distraction.

<p>u need to remove her from your mind, just go to strip clubs and get drunk with your friends, it Works on me, and, pardon me if my words here may sound inappropriate ..</p> ,,,i never had relationships that survived more than few months,so i able to get over it usually around less than a month..

Edited by bastus

There is no timeline.

Everyone is different.

Every situation is different.

No one learns the same, nor at the same speed.

That applies to a broken heart.

Only thing you an do is focus 100% of your being, into getting over it and becoming the person you were, prior to the relationship.

If it takes a little longer, who cares.

This is about you and your journey.

To even ask a question on how long it takes is nonsense.

Don't try and keep up with the jones's.

Keep up with yourself.

Trust and believe you will get over it, In due time.

But you need to put in the time and effort.

It gets much worse before it gets better.

That's one thing I can attest to, and any other member that's been through it, and survived it.

You'll be just fine, that I promise.

Barky

• Like 1