Awards, raise, self-improvement... Tell the ex?

How do you tell ex you've got two international awards at work, got a raise, got serious cosmetic dentistry procedure, and are a better version of yourself?

It would have to involve contact because individual is not on any social networks or anything like that.

You don't.

TEN CHARACTERS.

• Like 2
hoping2heal

Send a courier and let them know everything you just told us and that the relationship with for sure work, thanks to the dentistry surgery.

How do you tell ex you've got two international awards at work, got a raise, got serious cosmetic dentistry procedure, and are a better version of yourself?

It would have to involve contact because individual is not on any social networks or anything like that.

No, don't do this. It was just sad to read this.

Trying to market yourself to make someone accept/love you. No, no, no. That's just depressing. Please don't use your accomplishments to help you validate yourself in her eyes.

• Like 3

Don't do it, it will make you look desperate. Plus the effect works ten times better if he finds out himself should he ever look for you again. ;)

I wouldn't tell her. If you want another shot, and you've learned to live without her, ask her out for coffee. Your smile will speak for itself. If she says no, move on. Go show off that smile to another girl.

Simon Phoenix

If she cares, she'll find out on her own. And if she finds out on her own, it would have a bigger impact than you pathetically jumping up and down screaming "look at me" metaphorically. Whatever impact your improvements would have made would be instantly eradicated by that display of neediness.

• Like 4
redbaron005
This why I like LS...it saves people from doing desperate, sad stuff.

Well, it saves those smart enough to ask before hand, so some credit to the OP.

• Like 1
NoLeafClover

You don't cuz ex's "ain't" sh*t

• Author
The better question is WHY would you want to.

I'm not going to do it, but was thinking about it b/c maybe three months NC, me improving myself and living well isn't really doing much for my feelings about her

I am, however, doing NC b/c I didn't before and made a royal ass of myself post-BU and actually pushed her further away. I mean things just got ***** with contact, so I backed off. Logically, I know that NC must be better than contact.

I still think of her everyday.

ConfusedHumanBeing
I'm not going to do it, but was thinking about it b/c maybe three months NC, me improving myself and living well isn't really doing much for my feelings about her

I am, however, doing NC b/c I didn't before and made a royal ass of myself post-BU and actually pushed her further away. I mean things just got ***** with contact, so I backed off. Logically, I know that NC must be better than contact.

I bet she doesnt do the same.

While you're right abouy it being better than contact, I still get the feeling you're only doing it to not mess up anything else with her in a chance to get back together later. B.C. is used to heal and move on, not a temporary play to get her later. You may or may not be thinking that, I'm just saying.

• Author

Well just two days ago it came to my attention how unbelievably nice and warm she was to my dad when he picked up the last of my things at her house a couple months ago. I was afraid to ask at the time.

I was so sure she would have been so cold with him, but she wasn't.

This rekindled some feelings of some kind.

hoping2heal

If all people had to do to heal from heartache was improve their performance at work and start living well, this board would be much less active.

Whether you can appreciate it just yet or not, the things you have done for yourself are wonderful. They will improve your future prospects (not just in the dating world) and you are setting yourself up to soar.

But, break ups are hard and they take time to heal from. 3 months seems like an eternity without the person you love, but in reality it is a short amount of time.

• Like 1
  • Author

Yeah, I know I've improved much without her.

It's just hard; every time I drive to the gym I have to drive by the bar where she first told me she loved me. And every time I drive to the country club I drive past the place we had our first kiss.

When what would have been our 1-year anniversary of meeting on July 13th, I showed restraint and didn't contact her. That was hard.

• Author

I'm also unsure if a letter I sent her ever got there, because I forgot a return address label. It was stamped, but no return address.

Darn.

'''

you are intrinsically the same one she broke up with but with newer teeth plus that awards that I doubtfully think she'll care about.

Sorry to be harsh. she didn't love you (in case she loved you indeed) for your teeth or your awards. think of someone you truly don't give a sh..it, and now think again of that person with new teeth and several international awards. Would you care about that person now?

• Like 1
I'm also unsure if a letter I sent her ever got there, because I forgot a return address label. It was stamped, but no return address.

Darn.

Darn? Go pay a service in a church in case it really got lost in transit.

This thread is full of neediness and taking things for more than they are.

Let me say something.

The things you accomplished when you were with her...did she do these things for you? No.

You did them.

You got your awards

You did the hard work.

You got through it ON YOUR OWN.

Why should someone, who up and left you when you weren't doing so well, should bask in the glory of your success?

Don't think about what SHE thinks. Frankly, she doesn't care. That may hurt your ego, but the guy on the street corner you just passed. He doesn't care. The girl with the sexy spandex on heading to a comic convention? She doesn't care about you.

The girl you love isn't the same girl anymore. With that being said, why should you care what she thinks of you when you're the one who accomplished so much.

She ditched you.

After a year, I met up with my ex in a store once. Last week.

Now she did all of that damage to me. All of it. Things I rather not talk about. But I still wanted to go up to her and talk to her, but I didn't. It hurt just watching her and her new fiancee shopping together.

She glanced at me, frowned, and quickly went away.

You have to accept this reality: She doesn't care about you in the slightest anymore other than just a regular human being.

And you should thank yourself for that? Why? Cause you didn't marry someone who was ungrateful for who you are.

Now continue to better yourself and let trash be trash, and instead of digging through it to find your glory days, make new ones with someone who is a little more experienced in the dating game.

Good luck. Natsu21

When I got dumped one of the things my ex criticised me on was my job.. Well a payrise and 2 promotions later, I am loving my job. And I work in a very cool place. I want to tell him.. but haven't. I can understand why you had these thoughts.